• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PS5 pricing vs Nvidia 3000 series

Soldato
I'd rather game on a low end pc than a PS5 because I'm a pc gamer at heart. I chose the pc platform because I prefer to game on a pc.

Anyone tempted by the ps5 must be a console gamer at heart anyway.

Soldato
I know im right because think about it you have a game everyone wants to play no way will you release it on pc same time as the consoles because people will just play the pirate copy
The biggest games do not get pirated anymore as they are always online. One of the reasons PC is now the most lucrative platform for big publishers.

Plus at least double the to get all of the other components to make the GPU work. Don't go forgetting that lil nugget of information.
Most of us already have the rest of the components. Unlike an old console the parts of your older PC are still usable.

Soldato
Console doesn't really offer what I want, so the price is not tempting to switch.

I'm on pc for because it's flexible.

Can use any controller I want.
Can tweak the games how I want. Want to shoot for 144fps, I can turn the settings down, want to go for 60 I can go up. Don't like certain graphic settings (bloom, motion blur, chromatic aberration) off they go etc. Some console games have a performance/quality settings, but you generally don't get the finer tweaks.
Mods.

I'll still probably get a ps5 down the line for exclusive, but as a main platform, the consoles just don't offer what I want, so as long as I can afford it, main will always be pc.

Associate
im just gonna buy both a 3080 and a xbox series X but i get that for free as i bought a xbox one x during last dec when they had the free upgrade deal to a series x thing on.

Soldato
Used to have s PS4 pro that was only really used as a Netflix box, the last game I played and completed was God of war. Sold it and bought a switch, but the games are drying up a bit.
I love playing on the pc, I'm big into total war and now crusader kings 3. I enjoy going on here and YouTube to get excited about the pc hardware.
I may get a ps5 at some point but I'll probably regret it s year later like I did with the PS4 and switch.

C64

C64

Soldato
The biggest games do not get pirated anymore as they are always online. One of the reasons PC is now the most lucrative platform for big publishers.

Most of us already have the rest of the components. Unlike an old console the parts of your older PC are still usable.
time will tell it makes sense that they'll repeat what they did last gen and delay the pc releases or flat out just not have a pc version
lets see but i think i am right

Associate
I was looking at upgrading to a 3080, as well as getting the PS5, but I've decided to just stick with getting the PS5.

Don't really play that much on the PC anymore, only really interested in sims like FS2020 and Assetto Corsa, but getting back to PC gaming with FS2020 has made me realise why over the years I've gone more and more towards consoles.

I feel like I'm forever tweaking settings, going on forums and checking the fps counter instead of actually enjoying the game.

I also much prefer sitting back on the sofa than at my desk.

Soldato
I think on PS4 you had to buy a gadget to do that, I was hoping it would be as you say for PS5 its about time that got kicked into touch.

It's not something they've really pushed, I used a XIM4 with my PS4 for a while but it wasn't great. The Xbox has native keyboard and mouse support but it's been left to the game developer to implement it, unfortunately that means it's been patchy, for example, COD, Metro etc are supported but not DOOM, which I find strange.

Thanks both. I might look into a K&M option on the PS5 (If my order for it gets processed)
Either way, should be good to try a PS5 with K&M instead of PC.

Would it support my native monitor resolution? - 3440 x 1440 gsync 100hz

Nvidia 3080 founders was a massive annoyance. PC with 2080Ti gets used for COD MW only at the moment so a new COD on PS5 with K&M availability would be certainly interest me

Soldato

No second hand market for PC games either due to almost 100% digital sales. High street games stores are now basically pawn shops, which is a real problem for publishers. Lower development costs for PC games too - cheap PCs vs expensive licensed devkits, no complex expensive submission process, ability to patch whenever you want rather than have to go through submission again.

Back
Top Bottom