• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm sooooooooo ready to go now, given this will be my first major upgrade in nearly 10 years.

Anyone with me on the following sentiment about the upcoming release:?

Gogogogigogogogogogogogogogohogihogogo

Soldato
I'm sooooooooo ready to go now, given this will be my first major upgrade in nearly 10 years.

You've chosen a good time to upgrade. You won't be disappointed my sig system is excellent, fast and quiet. Zen 3 looks even better

Associate

I'm right there with you on the hype train :) Got myself a Mobo, RAM and CPU cooler, just waiting for some godlike silicon to stick in the middle ;)

Associate
The longer the wait, the starker realisation that my system is enough for me.
Couple games I play are happy with 8 threads, capable up to 240hz. Don't do anything that needs extra cores.

Please Zen 3 be full 20% faster in low-threaded tasks! Else I will cheap out and stay on my trusted Skylake

Associate
Lol, I'm going to upgrade from my trusty old i5 750 to Zen 3, probably the 5600x or what ever it ends up being, my sons new found love of PC gaming is showing my PC's age and I would be failing as a father if I didn't encourage his new found love of PC's..... :p

Soldato
still running i7 6700k 5 years now hopefully zen 3 can overtake intel in gaming , my system is pretty set just would need cpu/motherboard/ssd maybe update gpu abit later on

Associate
still running i7 6700k 5 years now hopefully zen 3 can overtake intel in gaming , my system is pretty set just would need cpu/motherboard/ssd maybe update gpu abit later on

Same as me. I'm set on moving to Zen3 already though. At 4K/ultrawide resolutions, Zen2 already offers the same performance as Intel but is a lot better for everything else.

Actually got around to changing out the fans on my H100i v2 because they'd gone noisy AF. Felt like a mini project in the absence of being able to do a new build :) Also help whoever buys this off me :D

Associate
Same as me. I'm set on moving to Zen3 already though. At 4K/ultrawide resolutions, Zen2 already offers the same performance as Intel but is a lot better for everything else.

Actually got around to changing out the fans on my H100i v2 because they'd gone noisy AF. Felt like a mini project in the absence of being able to do a new build :) Also help whoever buys this off me :D

What fans did you replace on the H100, I'm on the stock fans and thinking of changing too, though I've found a decent curve at 1000rpm has helped massively with jet like noise of the things.

Associate
What fans did you replace on the H100, I'm on the stock fans and thinking of changing too, though I've found a decent curve at 1000rpm has helped massively with jet like noise of the things.

Had the same issue...anything over 1,000 RPM = horrible noise. I had a couple of Corsair AF120 fans kicking around, so just whacked them on.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

At least the naming is going to make more sense now if the new chips are the 5000 series.

Too bad we wont see the 5000 series debut with 5nm on AM5 with DDR5 though.. But thats just more of an OCD thing for me haha.

Soldato
I'm right there with you on the hype train :) Got myself a Mobo, RAM and CPU cooler, just waiting for some godlike silicon to stick in the middle ;)

Interesting you've gone ahead and ordered the other bits in advance, I guess it possibly not the worst idea as if there is a rush on new builds everything else might sell out.

I had not considered that........

Permabanned
Lol

maxresdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom