• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
@Gibbo

You think it's perfectly reasonable that you allow thousands of orders that had an ETA within the week on your site, charge for the shipping for next day etc, take FULL payment for them all (while still taking orders), email after raising prices and doing nothing to prevent bots, give an ETA of October/November/December after you realise you've completely messed up and then say your refund could take up to a week?

If you take payment for an item, you better have it in stock, soon to be in stock or have a reasonable expection for delivery. They have none of those. It could take months and months for people to get their orders and you're still taking the orders (and money) which is just making it worse.

You haven't even given people an idea of their place in the queue for them to make a choice on whether or not it's worth bothering to wait.

This is pure negligence and incompetence on a massive level.

Associate
Thinking about it some more I am definitely thinking about cancelling my order for the MSI - with the leaks revealed about the 16Gb 3070Ti and 3080 20Gb card as a riposte to AMD and the 16Gb Big Navi the question becomes how soon after launch by AMD does Nvidia hit back with these cards? How much weight do they give this "paper" launch in terms of peoples feelings. Jan/Feb for announcement too soon?
I might go for 3090 and be assured I'm covered for 3 years in terms of my GFX needs. I would hate to run out of RAM in games and projects and then to rub salt into the wound have a better 3080 come out inside 6 months with no RAM issues

Associate
I was considering buying a card but at RRP. The fact that there is pre order tax but now demand tax I wish you all the best of luck getting your cards. Be patient you will get them and try not to stress. Personally I would never pre-order via OCUK as anyone that takes the full amount up front for something is taking the Mick. I have to agree with Gamers Nexus on this one. It's a first world luxury item that people are getting all anxious about because they didn't get one on the day of launch! Do you realise how ridiculous it sounds when you calm down. Sure I understand an element of disappointment in that but there is more to life than a graphics card seriously. For very very few people this is a case of having a working gaming computer or not.

Soldato
@Gibbo

You think it's perfectly reasonable that you allow thousands of orders that had an ETA within the week on your site, charge for the shipping for next day etc, take FULL payment for them all (while still taking orders), email after raising prices and doing nothing to prevent bots, give an ETA of October/November/December after you realise you've completely messed up and then say your refund could take up to a week?

If you take payment for an item, you better have it in stock, soon to be in stock or have a reasonable expection for delivery. They have none of those. It could take months and months for people to get their orders and you're still taking the orders (and money) which is just making it worse.

You haven't even given people an idea of their place in the queue for them to make a choice on whether or not it's worth bothering to wait.

Instead of whining about it you should probably just cancel your order. Gibbo has already stated that its VERY unlikely people are going to see their cards this month and even October might be pushing it.

So the info there is all you need to make a decision.

Soldato
I was considering buying a card but at RRP. The fact that there is pre order tax but now demand tax I wish you all the best of luck getting your cards. Be patient you will get them and try not to stress. Personally I would never pre-order via OCUK as anyone that takes the full amount up front for something is taking the Mick. I have to agree with Gamers Nexus on this one. It's a first world luxury item that people are getting all anxious about because they didn't get one on the day of launch! Do you realise how ridiculous it sounds when you calm down. Sure I understand an element of disappointment in that but there is more to life than a graphics card seriously. For very very few people this is a case of having a working gaming computer or not.

Steve from gamers nexus is a child - if he wasn't sitting on multiple 3080's, and was waiting to order one, you can bet he'd join the army of impatient buyers all wondering where they are in a queue.

My advice to anyone who's ordered from OCUK - keep your orders in if you definitely want a 3080, as OCUK will receive many times more stock than any other retailer. Sit back and wait a few weeks, it will arrive, probably sooner than you expect.

If you aren't happy to wait, then cancel, but know it will definitely take you longer to receive a 3080 if you cancel.

Associate
Asking for periodic updates of your queue status is not too much to ask. A good sign of honesty and communication goes a long way. Will also ease pressure on customer services.

Associate
@Aurhinius It's not about getting anxious about a luxury item, I'm miffed because when I ordered I was given an ETA of 23rd to dispatch but now it's November+, I've been waiting for this launch for the majority of lockdown due to working from home and having 2-3 reboots a day due to AMD driver instability, I didn't want to "waste" money by getting an interim GPU and waited for the launch of this, only to be scolded, I don't mind waiting a little longer but some clarity about where I am in "the queue" would be nice, OCUK blatently have this information, they know how many orders they've had, stock levels be damned.

Associate
Steve from gamers nexus is a child - if he wasn't sitting on multiple 3080's, and was waiting to order one, you can bet he'd join the army of impatient buyers all wondering where they are in a queue.

My advice to anyone who's ordered from OCUK - keep your orders in if you definitely want a 3080, as OCUK will receive many times more stock than any other retailer. Sit back and wait a few weeks, it will arrive, probably sooner than you expect.

If you aren't happy to wait, then cancel, but know it will definitely take you longer to receive a 3080 if you cancel.

I can see a few thousand cancelling orders which means we have less time to wait.

Soldato

Nah I think he was bang on point.

Associate
Instead of whining about it you should probably just cancel your order. Gibbo has already stated that its VERY unlikely people are going to see their cards this month and even October might be pushing it.

So the info there is all you need to make a decision.

"whining about it" as if it's not entirely reasonable to expect these things from someone taking over £700 from you. You're almost a bigger joke than them.

Associate
i just want to know if im 25 in queue or 1000. if i'm deep in the queue, i'd rather have my money back instead of waiting until who knows next year. that's a lot of money to keep tied up and be kept the dark.

Permabanned
I think Trump said it best :D:p

violin.jpg

Associate
@Gibbo

It’s not negligence it’s a pure money grab, it’s why I and many others refuse to buy from ocuk anymore. I think my last meaningful purchase was 10 years ago.

the problem is there are many others that don’t use the forums that will buy from here so ocuk have their stock waves covered.

You won’t hear anything from gibbo for a while and he sure won’t reply to questions like this... you will hear the rubbish that is “exchange rate” for sure but the stock was purchased at a certain point but we get charged with release day exchange rate if it’s higher.

It’s sad especially with the bs stuff they tried to pull with the ASUS extra warranty cover if you buy from ocuk which was basically retail law.. fancy using a selling point for something you get with every purchase lol.

anyways it will make no difference because the stock sold and the next few stock waves are also sold out.

just make sure you all apply to get next day delivery refunded if that isn’t what you got...

Soldato
I got the same as everyone else "due to demand you're in a queue".

Not really sure what to do. Initial reviews on the Zotac show it's a fair bit slower than even the FE card. I think I'll wait a few days for reviews and unless it's basically the best one I'll probably cancel my order, see what AMD come up with then try my luck next year (when cards are likely to be back in stock).

Associate
So I sent a cancellation for my order a couple hours ago. I ordered late so there was no chance of getting a card this year anyway.
It still says not yet shipped though.

Associate
I got the same as everyone else "due to demand you're in a queue".

Not really sure what to do. Initial reviews on the Zotac show it's a fair bit slower than even the FE card. I think I'll wait a few days for reviews and unless it's basically the best one I'll probably cancel my order, see what AMD come up with then try my luck next year (when cards are likely to be back in stock).

Yea nvidia were pretty scummy with the embargo on AIB cards, having it after they go on sale was so anti-consumer. It's like they were worried they weren't going to get enough people to buy the founders edition?

Soldato
"whining about it" as if it's not entirely reasonable to expect these things from someone taking over £700 from you. You're almost a bigger joke than them.

LOL. Irony in the fact the price being sub 1k is part of the multitude of reasons why this launch has been so popular. One can only think that this is the first time some of you have pioneered to buy on launch day before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom