• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Associate
If you decided to 'stay at home' and not work today then that is on you, as you had no shipping confirmation and no tracking number...

I'm sure advertising something as " in stock 10+ " when you know you have none and taking literally thousands of peoples money is illegal. Trading standards or even watch dog would be happy to hear from me I'm sure .

And when I order something in the morning to be delivered the next day and the site says confirmed and it was confirmed in my orders in my account . Doesn't leave me much time to wait to see if I'm being lied to first before i ask the boss for a day off does it? .

Associate
For all the people who have been posting in this thread the last few weeks and the majority planning on getting a 3080 only one person has posted today who has managed to get a card... Crazy

Associate
I'm sure advertising something as " in stock +10 " when you know you have none and taking literally thousands of peoples money is illegal. Trading standards or even watch dog would be happy to hear from me I'm sure .

And when I order something in the morning to be delivered the next day and the site says confirmed and it was confirmed in my orders in my account . Doesn't leave me much time to wait to see if I'm being lied to first before i ask the boss for a day off does it? .
You don't have to take the day off, DPD doesnt throw away your item if you are not home, you can even reschedule delivery if you wont be in. Yes some things could had been done better, but you cant blame others for making a bad call.

Associate
So I go to plan B which is a 3090.

With the 3080 I was able to order from 4 places and spend circa £3k. All of the orders were cancelled.

This is my concern with the 3090. As it is so expensive, ordering from 4 places is flipping £6k-7k. I really hope they dont oversell again.

Some of his numbers don't seem to look right, if anything the FE and TUF should be pretty much equal or the TUF slightly better.. in the minimums anyway

I saw similar numbers on another review, cant remember where it was, tempted to say Nexus but not sure.

EDIT: Der Bauer looks at it also and loves the card.

EDIT2: remembered its Hexus that review the OC version and the numbers look stellar.

Last edited:
Associate
You don't have to take the day off, DPD doesnt throw away your item if you are not home, you can even reschedule delivery if you wont be in. Yes some things could had been done better, but you cant blame others for making a bad call.

The fact that going with overclockers was a bad call is my problem. Why are you all so apologetic for being shafted.

Associate
The fact that going with overclockers was a bad call is my problem. Why are you all so apologetic for being shafted.
I didnt order from them. You are just complaining about many things that were indeed under your control like the option to "walk in" to another place with stock yet you went for OCUK, which is your first mistake, and then complaining about taking the day off which also your mistake, whether there is stock or not. I took the day off on the 17th in case I was able to walk in someonehwere to get one, you dont see me bitching that I wasnt able to. It was my decision, no one forced me.

Associate
I'm sure advertising something as " in stock 10+ " when you know you have none and taking literally thousands of peoples money is illegal. Trading standards or even watch dog would be happy to hear from me I'm sure .

Go right ahead, contact them both and see how much interest you get...

All the talk is getting boring, do something about it, or cancel, or just wait a little longer and unlike most here you have a decent chance of seeing your card in the next few weeks...

Nothing illegal has happened, and your money is waiting for you if you don't want to stay in the queue...

Even on a normal day I'd never assume that a 'next day' order was actually going to arrive next day without tracking information, too may ways for that to go wrong.

Associate
Go right ahead, contact them both and see how much interest you get...

All the talk is getting boring, do something about it, or cancel, or just wait a little longer and unlike most here you have a decent chance of seeing your card in the next few weeks...

Nothing illegal has happened, and your money is waiting for you if you don't want to stay in the queue...

Even on a normal day I'd never assume that a 'next day' order was actually going to arrive next day without tracking information, too may ways for that to go wrong.

Ok right you are correct I'm the ******** to expect what I paid for. I saw that delivery before 12 the next day option on the item 10+ in stock and I thought yeah I'll order that and buy that and yes I'm the stupid one for expecting overclockers to not offer things they don't have and time scales they can't meet.

I really should have put that item in stock 10+ in my basket and paid for delivery and then phoned my boss for the 8th if January 2021 off shouldn't have i. What was I expecting ? So silly of me .

Sorry for moaning, I'm just being silly .

Y

Associate
I didnt order from them. You are just complaining about many things that were indeed under your control like the option to "walk in" to another place with stock yet you went for OCUK, which is your first mistake, and then complaining about taking the day off which also your mistake, whether there is stock or not. I took the day off on the 17th in case I was able to walk in someonehwere to get one, you dont see me bitching that I wasnt able to. It was my decision, no one forced me.

No I took the day off to be in for a delivery I was told was coming. That's not a bad decision. That's correct planning according to the information I was given. I live alone and I didn't want to leave £750 on the doorstep or risk it being sent back into a shipping system that couldn't care less about making sure your parcel won't be lost/broken.

And I will contact trading standards I'm sure if I include reports of prices changing after checkout and advertising items as "in stock+10" knowing fine we'll they had none whilst taking seemingly thousands of peoples money. Then thanking them for pre ordering so they don't have to auto refund. And now they want prof of my bank details in an unsecure form. To give me a refund by next Monday.. No chance. I'll drive to Newcastle to get my refund before I fill out that form.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom