• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Holding your money hostage suggest they won't refund you, they'll happily do it. What's stopping you.
I mean new orders because now they are fully aware of the situation. So it seems sensible to stop all orders until things have settled down, as they over sold by far.

Associate
Doesn’t matter if your 1st in queue or 500+ if you leave the queue you ain’t getting one till next year by the looks of things, regardless of who you buy from. I ordered the msi trio and happy to wait as it’s the only one I want. Only problem is CDproject red won’t get any money from me because I ain’t playing cyberpunk till I can in all its glory

Associate
I mean new orders because now they are fully aware of the situation. So it seems sensible to stop all orders until things have settled down, as they over sold by far.
Quite agree if they are aware of being able to fufill all pre orders say within a month then they should just say, if they can't then they shouldn't take anymore pre orders.

Associate
Doesn’t matter if your 1st in queue or 500+ if you leave the queue you ain’t getting one till next year by the looks of things, regardless of who you buy from. I ordered the msi trio and happy to wait as it’s the only one I want. Only problem is CDproject red won’t get any money from me because I ain’t playing cyberpunk till I can in all its glory
They'll get it eventually though

Associate
It might sound a bit strange, but I'm sort of "glad" we're in a queue for the 3080s now - gives us chance to compare the performance with the 3090 when the NDA lifts next week at least.

Do we even know whose reviewing them yet?
The price difference isn't really worth the tiny performance bump but its definitely the main option now if you want a card quick.

Soldato
@Gibbo figure out who this 'customer' is and cancel their pre-order please.... George someone maybe? :D

Item no. 284016221822 on the popular auction site - the swine doesn't deserve OcUK stock.

Asking for £890 !! :o (and he likely isn't getting it next week either lol)

Associate
Yeah that's the thing. I wanted it by the time Cyberpunk is out. Maybe that can still happen, as I ordered last night, but will be gutted if I can't experience it in all it's glory. Although it is going to be a massive game and replayable, so chances are I will still play it lol

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Entitlement.

This seems the correct word to use according to the Oxford Dictionary.

1. entitlement
    noun
    /ɪnˈtaɪt̮lmənt/

(formal)
  2. [uncountable] entitlement (to something) the official right to have or do somethingThis may affect your entitlement to compensation.
  3. [countable] something that you have an official right to; the amount that you have the right to receiveYour contributions will affect your healthcare entitlements.

4. [countable] a government system that provides financial support to a particular group of peoplea reform of entitlementsMedicare and other entitlement programs
  5. [uncountable] (usually disapproving) the feeling of having a right to the good things in life without necessarily having to work for themI can’t stand the sense of entitlement among these kids.

Associate
Why in the world are they still taking preorders when they can't even provide a reasonable estimate for when orders will be fulfilled from a launch day? This screams incompetence and money grubbing in hopes of outselling other retailers.

Associate
Only sellars I have seen that still have rrp are the ones who kept their stock for their overpriced gaming rigs, so had none to sell on their own, which is a bit disgraceful if you ask me.

Associate
Why in the world are they still taking preorders when they can't even provide a reasonable estimate for when orders will be fulfilled from a launch day? This screams incompetence and money grubbing in hopes of outselling other retailers.
Yeah that's what I am saying. Like with the PS5. You couldn't preorder it at all if their stock allocation was gone.

Associate

perhaps more preorders means they can demand more stock from suppliers? Puts themselves in a stronger position to serve us?

Associate
The better, smarter question is, why are people still pre-ordering when they know the situation.

Associate
Bought a MSI Trio late last night from here.
But also bought a Gigabyte from another site at 2.45pm yesterday.

I think I might be sensible cAncelling the trio as I should get the gigabyte a lot sooner?

i have no issue waiting, but I’d rather my card was charged when the item was actually shipped.

Associate
MSI Trio - Not in stock.
jeeperscreepers: 14:07
lemonland: 14:09
phatmonkey: 14:14 (0)
sonnytbh: 14:15
terrorsoul: 14:26 (+8)
timahkin: 14:27
robwaudby: 14:28
psychas: 14:33
ohsmaug: 15:17
demon: 15:19
chk4: 16:35
juvenal: 21:40

Mine was at 15:28. My going theory based on people who have confirmed orders, is that the payment process that cleared the payment quickest got the orders prioritised due to the order finalising sooner than others. My credit card payment wasn't cleared until 9:30am this morning! and I didn't receive an email at all. Whereas PayPal payments were getting cleared in minutes and people got their order confirmation emails soon after. This was well after other people had already confirmed orders with other payment methods, yet didn't get emails confirming orders as their payments hadn't gone through yet.

I get there was clearly more demand than supply here, but did people really get screwed over due to the payment method they chose?? That's really not cool.

Associate
Still don't really get how the dates of delivery were left up and could not be changed because of site issues but prices were freely changeable regardless.... I was gonna pay and wait but due to work by the time I got one (sadly later in the evening) it still said within a week?

Which just does not seem that honest ? If you have 100 GPUs and you sell 10000 you don't keep your sign up saying we have stock when you clearly don't and won't for along time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom