• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Is this the non OC version?

I wonder if the quality cooler translates to the cheaper card and if the £30 difference from the TUF to the TUF OC is worth while?

It's only £30 difference and would one even notice the extra couple of fps from the Tuf to the Tuf OC?

Lol man, some of the questions you ask suggest you have only recently joined pc gaming, I thought you knew more than to need to ask questions like that.

Soldato
Free shipping for forum members and out of all the retailers they will have more stock and will get further stock before anybody else.

Or you can pay MSRP elsewhere and not have your card debited and wait until November for your card. You take you choices.
The other big computer place does free shipping for forum members as well. Not this forum though.

Associate
I can't believe how much criticism these retailers are getting for not having enough stock. As if they expect some god given right to buy a card on launch day. If you don't want to wait you can ask for a refund, nobodies running away with your money.

Associate
Gibbo has already said that after the 3080 yesterday he will not be selling any 3090 at MSRP :(

I have also seen on Nvidia forums that they sold out worldwide of 3080FE within minutes and currently they have no date as to when they will have more stocks! Really starting to believe the crap that they just built a few so they could call it a launch.

since 3080 are just failed 3090 chips and there is sure to be more failed than passed I reckon 3090 stocks will be even less than 3080 stocks.
I saw Gibbo’s comment earlier along with others trying to justify why people’s cards changed price in their shopping baskets....and thought maybe lessons might be learned for next week. I understand the key issue is supply from Nvidia and vendors are dealing with unprecedented demand - with some being more transparent about it than others. I fully expect the FE editions to go in seconds again so my hope rests with OC as it has done over the past 3 GPU upgrades. Time will tell I suppose and if I’m fortunate enough to get in early once they go live then I might stand a chance. But as has been case, dropping £1500+, having payment taken with no confirmation of stock at point of sale, then not having an ETA is making me think holding fire altogether is the way to go.

Soldato
I preordered a card last night and paid using my Visa and the money has left my account. However I've received no payment confirmation from OC and the 'My Orders' of my account is totally empty. Should I be concerned?

You've bought an item during a human generated ddos attack on the website you've bought from.

Ring them.

Associate
I can't believe how much criticism these retailers are getting for not having enough stock. As if they expect some god given right to buy a card on launch day. If you don't want to wait you can ask for a refund, nobodies running away with your money.
It's not really about the stock it's about all the secrecy surrounding the entire launch. And taking people's money who thought they were ordering something that would be dispatched next day

Soldato
Welcome to the 21st century where people will even fight to the death over a loo roll.

Associate
It's not really about the stock it's about all the secrecy surrounding the entire launch. And taking people's money who thought they were ordering something that would be dispatched next day

NVIDIA put heavy restrictions on retailers who weren't allowed to talk stock numbers. Most of that secrecy is NVIDIAs fault.

I don't know why you're so miffed that they charged your card for a pre-order when you can simply ask for a refund? It was clear demand was going to outstrip supply and that not everyone would be able to get a card.

Associate
NVIDIA put heavy restrictions on retailers who weren't allowed to talk stock numbers. Most of that secrecy is NVIDIAs fault.

I don't know why you're so miffed that they charged your card for a pre-order when you can simply ask for a refund? It was clear demand was going to outstrip supply and that not everyone would be able to get a card.
I'm not upset I didn't order anything. I don't understand why you are in full defence mode.
By Secrecy I meant all of Nvidias pre launch rules obviously covering up the true stock numbers.

Soldato
Lol man, some of the questions you ask suggest you have only recently joined pc gaming, I thought you knew more than to need to ask questions like that.

:p

No man... I been a PC gamer all my life. It's just I do not OC my GPU's that all. These days I don't even overclock the CPU either. I only have an OC applied to my ram as it makes a difference other than that I just I like to run things stock. :eek:

I think my question is valid. £30 difference. But does it even make a difference because the cards will boost anyway right, so the factory overclock might not make much of a difference and if the coolers are the same... then what the extra £30 for?

Did you manage to buy a card yesterday?

Associate
So, I tried to order from overclockers yesterday from 2pm but the site had so many issues, I managed to get a card ordered from a competitor at 14:05pm

The issue for me and this is across all the sites, not just OCUK so must have come from higher up is that there has been so much secrecy from the off.

• No reviews or details until 24 hours before release
  • No details on AIB cards on speed and boost until point of sale
  • No clarity on how many cards are in stock
  • Some cards being given a delivery date but this not being fulfilled
  • Refusal by retailers to tell you where you are in the queue

So I managed to order an MSI gaming X Trio like I have said at 14:05 from a competitor, on their site and here on OCUK it was down as being delivered the next day, so the 18th September I would have my card... NOPE. I messaged them today and they won't tell me when the cards are in stock, they won't tell me where I am in the queue and the only thing they would say is I am near the front. That doesn't help if I don't know when these cards are in stock, I only went for MSI as it stated it would be with me today, even Monday or Tuesday would be fine but I no other info than near the front.

So my big gripe is advertising the cards, with dates that you would receive them which has turned out to be false.

Soldato
I ordered from competitor as it was only site I could get through.

Delivery on the 19th apparently when I ordered.

Nope. "Stock Problem," shown in my account now.

Soldato
I got my order in yesterday. Paid extra money for delivery before 12 today and I get an email at 3 saying the thing doesn't exist and you are keeping my money? I've just been on the phone for over an hour... Still waiting!.

This company is a joke. I had a rather large order of pcs to put in for my company and I'll definitely be going to scan for that now.

******* disgrace .
Ouch! Not good.

Back
Top Bottom