OLD SKOOL CS PLAYERS (1.3-1.6)

Soldato
Started in 99/2000, dont think it was beta but it was well before 1.3. I had a 56k modem which cut me off every 2 hours (IC24 or something) but I did often get a sub 200 ping on it, mostly around 150 I think.

Actually I cant remember which thing put me off more, if it was 1.6 or getting a flat screen monitor and being stuck to 60 fps.

I remember playing on my first PC which had onboard gfx, most people quickly figured out that all they had to do was put their flashlights on to reduce me to 3fps.....wasn't long before I got the upgrade bug so I blame that.

Soldato
I used to play from around 1999 onwards in the betas.

I think the peak for me was 1.0 - 1.5.

Bought my first ever aftermarket pc component (Creative GeForce 256 DDR) which really got me into computers and overclocking after this.

Associate
Evening.

I know im dragging up an old thread but just flicked through the pages and noticed quite a few old school names and clans that i remember.

Been playing since the start in 1999/2000 when i was 13!

Had various clans from DOS to S!P to WKJ and mainly played on BYGAMES and Jolt servers.

I went under Keegster/Keegseh/Keegs and my mates were Nullifidian, KiLLeRGaZ, Exorcist, Rockers, BiZaRRe.

Funnily enough we actually all still play and are still in a clan who play once a week!

Associate
Incidentally I'm on here most days to this day

51.254.51.248:27015

Well adminned and plenty of regulars so dust down those steam accounts and get invoolved teebs :D

1.6 LIVES!!

Soldato
Played a lot 1.3 through to 1.6 I think, travelled to a couple 'pro' LANs and by the end of it was fairly regularly playing against the top UK teams like 4Kings (can't remember any other names :o ). You guys made me want to hunt out a few old clips that had been sitting on my Google Drive for a while, I chucked them up on YT. Here you go :D

AK pro'ing all over 4Kings (seem to recall that Mangiacapra guy was one of the best at the time, very satisfying :D)
Trolling the same guys with a random wallbang and usp
I liked AWP'ing for sure (ace?)
Go merc for a friend's team and do this in the 2nd round (ace) :D
AWP rushing, because 1.3/6?

Getting back into CSGO now, really enjoying it... why not in the current situation :o

Soldato
used to play on the B20 server, as well as wireplay. What was the name of the 1st map? where it was just a house think it was the 1st beta disk that was on a magazine. CS_house? or was it CS_mansion?

Back
Top Bottom