• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Why don't you guys just....wait a bit?

Soldato
Oh my goodness.
Why don't you guys just wait?

1 In a month or two prices would have stabilized.
2 The brand of card you want will more likely be in stock.
3 20GB 3080's might be announced.
4 AMD will reveal Big Navi.
5 More reviews will be out on all the AIB cards. EG The Asus TUF is so fatr the best cooler out of all the ones tested.

Just relax guys.

I will wait, but I guess the fear is prices just keep going up due to the demand. If only Nvidia enforced MSRP.

Soldato
The main reason people are buying these cards are for high refresh 1440p and 4k gaming. The 3080 can hit a constant 60fps+ in most 4k games at max settings, whereas the 2080 cannot, the 2080 ti cannot. That's why this is a warranted upgrade.

I dont do high refresh rate but in so many games I downscale from 4k, and also load custom texture packs when available.

FF15 absolutely chewed up memory as well.

Associate
With whats in the pipe between now and Christmas you will be spoiled for choice and you will have a much better cost to performance ratio.
Patience is a virtue.
Can save you a lot of money
You can avoid lots of stress and save time especially if you are the sort of individual who is time poor, Just look at all the refund issues / delays across multiple forums not just here at overclockers.

Associate
I have a Sapphire RX Vega 64 Nitro+ atm
if i could get a 3080 i would have ordered it by now
but would prefer to wait and see
looks like nvidia have taken it out of my hands
fingers crossed for a kickass big navi

Associate
oh and im not gona pay over rrp its either £689.99 (the 3080 i want or im not ordering it)..
its £720 atm on pre-order

Caporegime
Oh my goodness.
Why don't you guys just wait?

1 In a month or two prices would have stabilized.
2 The brand of card you want will more likely be in stock.
3 20GB 3080's might be announced.
4 AMD will reveal Big Navi.
5 More reviews will be out on all the AIB cards. EG The Asus TUF is so fatr the best cooler out of all the ones tested.

Just relax guys.

And they won't make the SODDING INTERNET COLLAPSE like some kind of SELFISH AMERICAN BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING MALL RAID. :o

Never understood the mentality at all... You've waited this long, grow up a bit and wait until things have calmed down, read some reviews of each option, weigh up the decicion, and place your order.

Probably the same sort of people that used to camp for 3 days outside HMV to get a copy of the latest Call of Duty. :p

Underboss
Couldn't agree more OP.

Although I have enjoyed the entitled, salty, asshat posts this week from a small subset of buyers.

"wHErEZzz mUh gEEEeePpppuUUu!!!1!!1111"

Soldato
I have to wait anyway, I generally use mods in my games and there is just no way on earth I can see 10GB being enough for new games. It's not enough in some current games with mods!

Soldato
The launch of a new GPU is the most important time for Nvidia. Sales of the previous gen have been slow for months and they've got all that R&D to get back.

Nvidia wants your money ASAP and you're DESPERATE to please them. Why not take control and choose when YOU want to upgrade. Not when Nvidia wants you to upgrade.

That's the way I look at it. I'm not letting a big company control me like that. Desperately hitting the refresh at 13.59 on release day OMG.

Be the puppeteer, not the puppet.

Last edited:
Soldato
Piles of greasy gamers slathering on top of one another to get a card
Get rekt by bots.
Cry rivers of pain like they lost an arm or something
Riot in forums

Associate
I agree. Wait a short period, dont be led by these big companies and throw your money away. Why people get so absorbed in the hype is beyond me.

Is your current graphics card so bad that you can't wait a month or two?

Associate
With whats in the pipe between now and Christmas you will be spoiled for choice and you will have a much better cost to performance ratio.

That's my thoughts too re the run up to Christmas. I'll be building a new system around a new graphics card. After Christmas I'll hopefully be able to see what's available from Nvidia and AMD. Hopefully there'll be a 3080ti or similar. New AMD CPU too?

Things might be calmer and I can make an informed choice. In any event, looks like I'd have to wait a couple of months for the 30** to get stocked up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom