Now that Ampere / Big Navi are here (almost) - where are all the 4K >60Hz monitors???

Associate
Now that Ampere has landed & Big Navi is around the corner - where are all the 4K >60Hz monitors???

For me 27" is just too small for 4k, where are all the fast 32" 4K panels? As much as I like the LG 48CX OLED, I dont think its a practial size to sit in front of a 48 inch screen for general Windows use.

Anyone?
Asus PG32UQX ?
Acer X32 ?

Anyone?

Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?

Last edited:
Soldato
With seven years on 30" 2560x1600 aproaching I'm wondering the same.

And both that Acer and Asus are Nvidia's synced to butt monitors and are no go.
I'm not buying any chain and ball products.
Not to forget having some crappy hot running chip needing tiny fan for cooling to be noise source and point of failure.

ViewSonic Elite XG320U is better one with no limitations for graphics card.
https://www.prnewswire.com/in/news-...2-inch-4k-144hz-gaming-monitor-860902441.html

Though no FALD backlight.
Anything below HDR1000 is really marketing scam doing nothing to LCD's problems in showing black.

Soldato
I don't think either of you are wrong in your comments.

As a 'desk' monitor for size I think 32 inch is also the sweet spot.

I did cave on the 27 inch Acer X273K when Acer knocked some money off a few months ago. OK I don't have HDR 1000 level, but the uplift in cost for that extra IQ is unpalatable just to have the blackest blacks.

I have my monitor KB & mouse on a free standing desk with a low chair. In fact, I cut the legs off the desk to compliment my...well, reading chair. So I just pull the desk right in to my arm pits almost with my mouse and keypad (Razer Orbweaver) almost at the back of the 60cm desk. My legs can be out straight on a foot rest too, so I'm about 1.2M from the wall if my feet touch it.

My panel is about 2ft from my face. So 32 inch would be fine if you were further but my 27 inch that close I reckon has the same effect'peripheral as 32 inch.

It's very comfortable as I sit in the chair with footrest and draw the desk to my chest almost.

As for recommendations...BEST place to look is TFTCentral as very few monitors get on their awards list https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/awards.htm

@Baddass Can you add a resolution column to that awards list? It'd be very useful for recommends by resolution.

Back
Top Bottom