Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Did he sign in time? Even if he did i doubt he'd start.

Possibly not, cant remember, I remember a player once who had to sign by midday on Friday to be eligible to play on a Monday night match. Looks like Thiago has signed by midday today, but the Chelsea match is on Sunday rather than Monday, so maybe not.

Soldato
I dont mind it but then again I've always preferred the away kits as the home kits are much of a muchness year after year, the one thing that I dont like about the new home kit though, is the collar on the back, its the same "near-V" shape as on the front, which sort of makes it look like the shirt is on backwards :D
it's the ultimate shirt for blind folk and/or the average dimwit: inside-out or back-to-front doesn't matter. It'll always look odd, so who cares?

Don
The Jota link seems to be picking up pace with a few journo's now saying a deal, "worth in excess of £35m", is close. I guess we can file Sarr alongside Jamal Lewis in the smoke screen category.

I like Sarr but the AFCON made talk of us signing him seem a little odd.
Did he sign in time? Even if he did i doubt he'd start.
Yea, he'll be eligible to play and Klopp's confirmed that he'll train today too. Agree, he won't start though and I wouldn't be shocked if he wasn't in the squad either. With the exception of the International's, he's been on holiday since the CL final.

Soldato
Manchester United are INCOMPETENT at transfers! Laurens sides with frustrated fans | Premier League

Julien Laurens and Gab Marcotti discuss the ESPN report that Manchester United are are growing increasingly frustrated at the social media frenzy around their transfer activity and believe it is creating a cloud of negativity ahead of their start to the new Premier League season. Laurens sides with the fans, who are 'going crazy each transfer window', saying that Ed Woodward and the club are incompetent in the transfer market. He cites the failed transfers of Gabriel, Jadon Sancho, Erling Haaland, saying it was more luck than good dealings to sign Donny van de Beek and Bruno Fernandes.

Man Utd irked by undue criticism from Twitter transfer frenzy

lol are they joking

David Alaba last i checked wants to leave Bayern Munich, he will improve our defence tenfold idk what Ed "the dead wood" ward is thinking

Soldato
I'm genuine here i'm not sure on your stance? Do you think Woodward is doing a bad job or being sarcastic?

On Alaba, his versatility alone makes him an excellent signing (unless he signs for Arsenal). Id imagine he'd cost a pretty penny but then who doesn't.

Don
£41m + £4m add-ons for Jota is what's being reported tonight with Hoever going to Wolves for £9m + £4.5m & a 15% sell-on clause. Hopefully we've got a buyback option in there too.

Soldato
Gutted to be losing jota but guess 35m is a fair price and although he's off to the reigning champs can't help feel its a backwards step for us.
I know just how you feel. First Kante, then Chilwell. I nearly said then Maguire but all things considered that was an excellent piece of business. Drinkwater is an odd one. He was good for us and would have continued to be so had he stayed, but he wanted out and I feel sorry how it turned out for him but he kind of forced it. Shame how it's gone. Has he been sold by Chelsea yet?

Don
The statto's on twitter seem to love Jota. I can't say I've paid enough attention of him to have much of an opinion but he was a fairly solid fantasy football pick last season.

He certainly ticks the boxes in regards to positions and style of play though. I guess we're going to be moving a couple of players on in the next couple of weeks now.

edit: reportedly we're paying less than 10% of the £41m up front. Staggered payments have always been a thing but £5m up front for Thiago and sub £4m of a £40m+ deal for Jota is very low. I suspect we might see a lot of this from all clubs in these final few week of the window.

Man of Honour
Alex Telles would be a good signing for us, if it happens.

Still need Sancho too. Or someone similarly good who can play wide.

Soldato
Happy with Jota, unexpected as abut like Fabinho came out of no where but Jota is a quality player also very young so can easily improve.

Regards to UTD and there fans least ones I've spoken to in person there issue is with way UTD spend the money and total lack of plan with it.

Over the years utd have spent plenty of money more than most. Woodward isn't a football man.

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
Just need a centre half and Liverpool are way stronger than last year. I guess Divock and Brewster will be off now.

Jota is quality, surprised we didnt try and go for Neves, always thought he's be a decent replacment for Coutinho/back up for Bobby if we wanted to change our style of play in the future. More than happy with this window. At least it will shut up the whining muppets on social media now.

Associate
Gutted to be losing jota but guess 35m is a fair price and although he's off to the reigning champs can't help feel its a backwards step for us.
He's been too streaky for me and had fallen behind Podence and Neto. £45m for a player not starting is great business. Nuno has shown time and again that he will make these hard decisions and the money will improve us more than Jota IMO.

That said, his potential is clear and he could be a great signing for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom