• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I've held off commenting as I've not had anything additional to contribute but I was stuck trying to order with the site crashing until around 3:30/4pm. Finally managed to get an order completed on the Zotac Trinity at about 17:03 according to my site confirmation.
Amazon payments didn't confirm payment until yesterday morning.
My order number is: 5865197 so going off Rob's order this would suggest 4606 orders after 14:28

Honestly, I'm probably going to hold onto the order as the chances of getting another one earlier are slim to none. I am in the fortunate position that I can try for a 3090 on Thursday, If I'm lucky I'll probably release the 3080 order.

Associate
Placed my order at 14:28

Order number 5860591
Is there any chance you'd be willing to share your order number? Could use it to gauge an idea of the queue size from 17th at 2.01pm to 4.51pm, I know it grew roughly 1300 from 3.30pm to 4.51pm from looking at mine and a friends order, but that's only if each order number is individual and increases 1 per order and not just random
I placed mine at 15:03

Associate
OC number is the internet reference number
5860591 is the order number

That's how it is on my email.
No the order number is the OC one. Look on your orders on your account on the website.

Order number : OC4024571
Delivery method: DPD Next Day (Mon-Fri)
Order status: Order received - not yet shipped
MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express

Associate
No the order number is the OC one. Look on your orders on your account on the website.

Order number : OC4024571
Delivery method: DPD Next Day (Mon-Fri)
Order status: Order received - not yet shipped
MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express
That's the internet reference order number.
The number they use internally for other purpose is the one without OC, which you'll find in the mail right before the OC number.

Associate
Okay I know I'm one of the lucky ones to be getting my 3080 so soon but there's so much salt in here it's unbelievable. The blame for this lies squarely at Nvidias feet. I suspect they rushed this out to stop big navi in its tracks, but I don't believe anyone expected demand to be this high.

You think it's perfectly reasonable that they allow thousands of orders that had an ETA within the week on their site, charge for the shipping for next day etc, take FULL payment for them all (while still taking orders), email after raising prices and doing nothing to prevent bots, give an ETA of October/November/December after they realise they've completely messed up and then say your refund could take up to a week?

If you take payment for an item, you better have it in stock, soon to be in stock or have a reasonable expection for delivery. They have none of those. It could take months and months for people to get their orders and they're still taking the orders (and money) which is just making it worse.

They haven't even given people an idea of their place in the queue for them to make a choice on whether or not it's worth bothering to wait.

This is pure negligence and incompetence on a massive level.

Associate
Check the "you're order has been received" mail from OCUK, you'll see two numbers inside "Order number"...one of which will be marked as "Internet ref" which is the OC number.
Oh ok strange why it says order number on the website though lol.

Ok my order number for MSI Gaming X Trio 3080 is

Associate
I ordered the strix OC at 14.19 and my order number is 5860384, hope this helps. I'm happy to wait but on the other hand i'm excited to get it so would be nice to know how close to the front we are.

I ordered the X trio at 14:28. I would say and it's a guess that anyone who ordered within the first 30mins to an hour might get it with the next 2-4 weeks. Well that's what I'm hoping for haha.

Associate
Well yea no one really charges for pre order at point of ore order these days...not for big products atleast. The point of ore ordering is to be in queue and then pay when it's shipping out.

It's like going to a shop where you have to queue and they take full payment before you can enter the shop. If the price is already locked at ore order point regardless of it going up for others later when stock arrives, then what difference does it make to the seller whether it gets paid at arrival or when pre ordering? Other than ya know, just keeping the money in advance. I just think ocuk's infrastructure/system is not build for something like that, I mean they are using Google form to do cancellations and even that's a new thing. For a company based in a country that allows returns on pretty much everything for a month you'd assume cancellation would be part of the site infrastructure itself.

Associate
I ordered the X trio at 14:28. I would say and it's a guess that anyone who ordered within the first 30mins to an hour might get it with the next 2-4 weeks. Well that's what I'm hoping for haha.
Hahaa me too, I think like a few others though I will be happy to get it for cyberpunk release, any sooner will be a bonus for me.

Associate
Mine is totally different OC402776* (last digit removed) ordered at around 5pm, but it had been sat in my cart for hours, waiting to check out.

Plus I paid via PayPal, so perhaps those with order numbers starting with a 5, might of paid via switch / visa etc
Supposedly the real order number is in the confirmation email. Check that. It will be like ours. Not sure why they call it a email in the website starting with 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom