• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Strongly rumoured but not yet confirmed. As a point of reference, the £200 POCO X3 has an 120hz screen yet Apple, the largest company in the world, can’t seem to pull off the same feat in a thousand quid device.

Apple, IMHO could bring out an awesome phone, but then why would they, people will always buy Apple because ‘new shiny’ and it leaves them things to put in the next phone..
If they did they best they could on every front why would people upgrade the year after, it’s better for the newer models is they just improve a few bits year after year.

Soldato
Does make you wonder just what the iPhone 12 will bring to the table as 120Hz was the clear thing missing from the iPhone 11 which to be fair was a very complete phone in the first place.

Soldato
Does make you wonder just what the iPhone 12 will bring to the table as 120Hz was the clear thing missing from the iPhone 11 which to be fair was a very complete phone in the first place.

The X series to the 11 series only brought iterative improvements and 11 to 12 sounds like it'll be similar - maybe more RAM, better camera, 5G and a new shell.

Soldato
Keeping an eye open for a discounted 11pro maybe a good bet then. Battery life and camera are already very very good hard to imagine it improving that much (unless they are doing something clever with the ToF sensor?)

Soldato
I usually upgrade most years but I cba this time round, especially if no 120hz. Looking for an XS for my mum though, her 6S is long in the tooth now... hopefully they’ll be a few popping up on eBay and the AVF classified ads soon.

Soldato
I know that Apple aren't likely to announce the new iPhones today but I really hope they do it soon. I sold my 11 Pro Max on just now so I could clear my crap contract off and maximise savings. I'll be buying the next iPhone outright when they're available but in the meantime my phone options were an iPhone 6 Plus or an iPhone 7. I went with the 7 in the end because it can at least run iOS 13 but damn, what a downgrade that is.

Associate
Definitely not the end of the notch.

Apple could’ve done this fingerprint solution from the beginning if they wanted to, like others were doing.

Soldato
FaceID is good. In screen fingerprint readers are good. Many people still love Touch ID, or rear-mounted readers.

I've read plenty of people saying they have got used to the notch. Some are content with it. Nobody outright loves the notch. FaceID is the only unlock solution that requires a massive notch.

Soldato
FaceID is good. In screen fingerprint readers are good. Many people still love Touch ID, or rear-mounted readers.

I've read plenty of people saying they have got used to the notch. Some are content with it. Nobody outright loves the notch. FaceID is the only unlock solution that requires a massive notch.

It requires bezel in which to house the components, not a notch. Just look at the pixel 4.

Back
Top Bottom