• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I was jebaited into ordering an Inno3D card by the 21-9 eta... 58705**

I guess I'll hold firm as the money is now locked up and I doubt it would be free in time to make a move on some surprise stock (cancelled bot orders, if that even happens)

Associate
Order number 58665** placed at 17.40 Safe to say I would have been waiting months. The frustrating part is when I placed the order (payment was taken) , the card had an eta of 21st of sept otherwise I wouldn’t of bothered ordering

Associate
probs be a long ass time before we get ours bois

The ones that are really losing out are those people that had to or choose to sell their card to fund their purchase of the 3080,some might be running on nothing more than onboard graphics currently.

Thankfully I have a decent stop gap card, plus I am working away at the moment, so kind of in no rush.

Associate
And given my order at 14.54, only 1100 orders across all of the store between 14.03 and 14.54, so any of us who ordered in the first hour might be closer to the front of the queue than we thought.
It is looking that way It all depends on which cards people ordered now, I'm hoping the first hour of orders will get one by the end of October. I would be happy with that.

Associate
looks like they were processing anywhere from 20 to 50 orders per min between 2:03 and 2:33 (my time),
Puts me roughly 1650 in the que based on 50 per min,
Not to bad if you take into account the variety of cards,
Of course is a total assumption loosely based on others order numbers, and they have no idea when my particular card will arrive in stock, but.......I will remain optimistic for mid October lol

Last edited:
Associate
It is looking that way It all depends on which cards people ordered now, I'm hoping the first hour of orders will get one by the end of October. I would be happy with that.

Yeah I mean say there was 1500 orders in the first hour but 500 of those are for the card you ordered, you're still gonna be waiting a hell of a long time (which is where I think I'm at with a Trio X order)

Associate
Just cancelled my Gigabyte Master order. £830 initially would have bought me the Extreme variant, but Overclockers increased the Master from £800 to £830 and the Extreme from £830 to £900.

I think I'll wait for the 3080 20Gb variant :D

Associate
Order number 58665** placed at 17.40 Safe to say I would have been waiting months. The frustrating part is when I placed the order (payment was taken) , the card had an eta of 21st of sept otherwise I wouldn’t of bothered ordering

same here. had i had known about this complete farce prior, there's no way i would have ordered.

it also blows my mind how people here are keeping their pre-orders (with absolutely no suggestion as to when they'll be available) out of "fear of losing their place in the line". this is classic mental manipulation tactics. get your refund and just re-order when they become more widely available in the next few months. better to have the £700 in your pocket that oc's.

Permabanned
Ordered my GB Eagle @ 14:35 - order no. 58610**

Seems my order could be in the first 1000’ish thereabout. As compared to the guy who ordered Zotac at 14:02 the difference is about 800.

People ordering 4-5pm onwards they looked to have had another 4000 orders since mine at 2:30 geez.
5860xx order passed 14.20 deffo in first 1000 same card as You.

Associate
Nice to see people sharing order numbers so we can actually get a rough idea.

I Ordered at 14:39 and I'm about 1100 deep from the guy who ordered 14:03, the unlucky part is I ordered the non-OC Strix which currently has no planned date

Associate
I could have ordered before 3pm, it was between the Zotac and tuf. Had the Zotac in the basket but the price jumped before submitting payment, the tuf did the same. I didn’t bother because of the price ride and I though they’d be long gone by 3pm. Seems now not many did get in before 3pm.

Soldato
Nice to see people sharing order numbers so we can actually get a rough idea.

I Ordered at 14:39 and I'm about 1100 deep from the guy who ordered 14:03, the unlucky part is I ordered the non-OC Strix which currently has no planned date

I don’t think those numbers mean anything. My order number starts with 4 and I ordered at nearly 5PM whereas there are people who ordered at 2:20PM with an order number starting 5.

Associate
it also blows my mind how people here are keeping their pre-orders (with absolutely no suggestion as to when they'll be available) out of "fear of losing their place in the line". this is classic mental manipulation tactics. get your refund and just re-order when they become more widely available in the next few months. better to have the £700 in your pocket that oc's.

Its not that mind blowing really, ordering on a credit card, if I used one of my cards with a 15th of the month billing date, it wouldn't appear on my statement until middle of October and I wouldn't be paying for it until 2nd week of November so why give up a place in the queue that will likely have still delivered a card before I've had to pay for it... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom