• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
58633XX and I ordered around 15:30, I couldn’t get the site to load before this time.

I really hope OC invest and upgrade their site, add some traffic management to protect services etc - most sites have this now with Covid demands seen over the past few months. I would much rather sit in a queue knowing I can place the order than spend 2 hours trying to checkout.

Hopefully the 3070/3090 release will be more organised with more upto date dispatch dates!

Associate
Forgive my confusion and somewhat dumb question.

I'm confused. If my order is received and I've got a order confirmed email and my card isn't yet shipped, does that mean I'm getting my card or not?

Associate
I ordered my Eagle @ 15.11 with order number 58618xx so looks like a long wait but it said stock on 23rd September when I ordered, and I was trying to place an order from 14.00 but the page kept timing out.

Associate
I don’t think those numbers mean anything. My order number starts with 4 and I ordered at nearly 5PM whereas there are people who ordered at 2:20PM with an order number starting 5.

Because you're looking at the internet reference number which while yes it says "Order Number" in the account setting is indeed in fact not your order number, no idea why they say it is but same time the site does look like it needs some serious modernization to be able to cope with high demand loads.

Associate
The ones that are really losing out are those people that had to or choose to sell their card to fund their purchase of the 3080,some might be running on nothing more than onboard graphics currently.

Thankfully I have a decent stop gap card, plus I am working away at the moment, so kind of in no rush.
I mean if someone sells their GPU expecting it to come soon, they should have done their research.

The research suggests there was a very limited stock to begin with.

Associate
I ordered my Eagle @ 15.11 with order number 58618xx so looks like a long wait but it said stock on 23rd September when I ordered, and I was trying to place an order from 14.00 but the page kept timing out.
Honestly I don't think It'll be more than 6 weeks for people who ordered in the 1st 2 hours but I guess it depends on what you consider a long wait haha.

Caporegime
So much wasted energy in this thread...especially from people who have just registered to rant...Get things into perspective people ...it’s just a gfx card...it’s not life or death...

Your world will not end just because you can’t get one...It’s capitalism in its ugliest form...the demand for trinkets drip fed by the wealthy elite to keep the plebeian’s in check....and narcotised from the true meaning of their own existence...

if you’re upset....then you are already under their spell...

Get a refund and move on with your life...

Associate
Its not that mind blowing really, ordering on a credit card, if I used one of my cards with a 15th of the month billing date, it wouldn't appear on my statement until middle of October and I wouldn't be paying for it until 2nd week of November so why give up a place in the queue that will likely have still delivered a card before I've had to pay for it... ?

Not everyone pays by credit card though. I paid by debit card and the funds were taken from me instantly. That's £700 that is out of my account, with no guarantee that stock will even arrive at OC this year. It just seems nuts to me that you'd want to risk this, when you could just get a refund and order again when things settle down.

Associate
Nice to see people sharing order numbers so we can actually get a rough idea.

I Ordered at 14:39 and I'm about 1100 deep from the guy who ordered 14:03, the unlucky part is I ordered the non-OC Strix which currently has no planned date

I should be under 500 with the order at 14:27 and let's say they had 100-200 cards (all models) that were already dispatched then it's looking decent.
Problem is the incoming stock. If they'll receive small stocks then it will take forever to fulfill all orders.

Associate
So much wasted energy in this thread...especially from people who have just registered to rant...Get things into perspective people ...it’s just a gfx card...it’s not life or death...

Your world will not end just because you can’t get one...It’s capitalism in its ugliest form...the demand for trinkets drip fed by the wealthy elite to keep the plebeian’s in check....and narcotised from the true meaning of their own existence...

This sounds suspiciously like a rant to me lol, I think more people are here trying to figure out how high in the queue they are than anything else.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Yes yes, get a refund so I can move up the queue :p

Although I am in no rush in the grand scheme of things, I would ideally like my card asap. Hopefully they can get it out to me in the next 2-3 weeks :D

Associate
Not everyone pays by credit card though. I paid by debit card and the funds were taken from me instantly. That's £700 that is out of my account, with no guarantee that stock will even arrive at OC this year. It just seems nuts to me that you'd want to risk this, when you could just get a refund and order again when things settle down.

I paid with my CC and money are gone. It would be nice to get some reassurance on this but I guess Gibbo will update us when he has more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom