• Yes - 40mm non cellular

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Yes - 44mm non cellular

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 36 31.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
I am on a 5 at the moment, so wont go with the 6. I do also still have a 3, which I stick on for an hour a day whilst I charge the 5 I wear for the other 23 hours (minus shower time), and the 3 gets charged every 4 days or so. I decided not to bother getting rid of the 3 as the small amount didn't seem worth it and I always have a spare available JIC.

Soldato
Why oh Why is the podcast app still so useless?

There is literally no way of scrolling other than the fast forward/rewind... neither is there a way to restart from the beginning.

Also unreliable with syncing. It's woeful from Apple.

Soldato
Ordering from Apple is saying 3/4 weeks delivery, so going to wait until I get back to the UK and see if theres any in at the local store, if its open that is, being my local store is Leicester lol

Soldato
Why oh Why is the podcast app still so useless?

There is literally no way of scrolling other than the fast forward/rewind... neither is there a way to restart from the beginning.

Also unreliable with syncing. It's woeful from Apple.

I used to have issues with podcasts breaking up even though they were downloaded, started using Pocket casts and havent looked back..

Soldato
I'll be waiting until I can go in and do a trade in before getting one. Not desperate for an upgrade as my S4 is still kicking strong. But am looking forward to getting one of these.

Associate
Expected my S6 SS 44mm graphite on the 22nd as it's coming directly from China, but my local store had some in so I bought one quickly and drove up to collect as I'm impatient :D. Graphite is actually very nice, it's definitely lighter the the space black but under normal lighting or sunlight it's not a vast difference.

Soldato
I finally moved away from the official Podcast app to Overcast and it was like a breath of fresh air. It's so much better.

Do you not think it’s a surprise though how god awful the Apple one is? Frankly it’s not acceptable for a company known for its flawless execution in things just working. I usually run with my iPhone and watch but last night tried just the watch. Podcast app hadn’t synced the latest episode I wanted to listen to, then the old one it synced that I listened to cut out half way through.

As I said unacceptable and really puts me off shelling out extra for the LTE model.

Also while we’re at it the Apple exercise app is useless too. It’s incredibly easy to end an exercise prematurely. I’ve been on long rides and ultra runs where I’ve paused it for the pub/lunch and accidentally hit end instead of resume after. It didn’t prompt it just ended with no option to undo. Highly frustrating and poorly designed.

Other than those two complaints it’s a fantastic advice and thankfully as you say you can mitigate those issues by using Strava and Overcast.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone else looking at the size of the actual watch?

I'm on a 42mm S3 at the mo, but not sure if I'm going to go for the 44mm or the 40mm due to the screen being bigger than whatI have on the S3..

Commissario
OP
If I remember correctly, the display was changed so it goes much closer to the edge from the S4 onwards so not only is the watch physically bigger, the display is larger as well.

I’ve not explained that very well. See here for more details.

Soldato
If I remember correctly, the display was changed so it goes much closer to the edge from the S4 onwards so not only is the watch physically bigger, the display is larger as well.

I’ve not explained that very well. See here for more details.

Yeah it makes sense, but the screen on the 40mm S6 is 324*394, where the 42mm S3 is 312*390 so I can go to a smaller watch and still get a few extra pixels on a smaller device, get me?

Back
Top Bottom