Man sends banana to black mans table in Wetherspoons pub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldato
Vile person punished and fined should be the end of the matter,

obvious racist action police involved and correct action taken although personally I don’t think fining him will make one jot of difference to his outlook.

But I do wonder if the same outcry would be in effect if someone sent an Irishman a potato for example? The person could easily be as equally offended and upset and it certainly can be taken as offensive in the same way as sending a banana is to a black person. I’ll give you a clue it wouldn’t.

there seems to be a train of thought in society overall that racism only flows in one direction but it goes in all directions and nothing is said, try being an English person and Living in certain parts of Scotland, then you’ll experience true racism, utterly vile behaviour goes on up here each and every day but I don’t see any backlash against that now

NVP

NVP

Soldato
omg you should quickly get on twitter and whip up a mob!!!!!
what if you go to a football match your wife packed you a banana you don't like bananas so you throw it at a player who makes a mistake or whatever?

are you racist purely because banana is racist? what if he threw it at a white person?

what if I put a banana skin on the floor and a white person slips on it? is that different to if a black person came along and slipped on it? would my act suddenly become racist because I had no idea a non white person would step on it?

are things racist just because they are apparently racist? a banana is racist no? thats why they don't grow in england? they don't like whitey?

I find it quite amusing a persons actions can be deemed as racist even if that person possibly has never even considered any racial motivations behind his actions.

I'm sure footballers whether they be white or not have a lot more to worry about than bananas.

It's similar to when a group of white people beat up a black guy, how many times is it reported as a hate crime, racially motivated assault.
ITS RACIST!!!!!!

yet if a group of black guys beats up a white guy it won't even make the news ;)

people racist against white people again?

oh yea sorry I forgot you can't be racist as long as your skin isn't white but if you are white any possibly action you take is racist no matter what purely because your skin colour.

the more people talk about racism the more racist people are created, its a vicious cycle the news and everyone else should get away from

Wowsers!

THE MORE PEOPLE TALK ABOUT RACISM THE MORE RACIST PEOPLE ARE CREATED*

That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard, and I've read most of @jsmoke's threads

*should read "TRIGGERED" for accuracy

Last edited:
Capodecina
Soldato
Vile person punished and fined should be the end of the matter,

obvious racist action police involved and correct action taken although personally I don’t think fining him will make one jot of difference to his outlook.

But I do wonder if the same outcry would be in effect if someone sent an Irishman a potato for example? The person could easily be as equally offended and upset and it certainly can be taken as offensive in the same way as sending a banana is to a black person. I’ll give you a clue it wouldn’t.

there seems to be a train of thought in society overall that racism only flows in one direction but it goes in all directions and nothing is said, try being an English person and Living in certain parts of Scotland, then you’ll experience true racism, utterly vile behaviour goes on up here each and every day but I don’t see any backlash against that now
A very reasoned and sensible post :)

As it happens, I am sceptical that most Irish people would get that upset by being sent a potato. A banana (in this context) suggests that the recipient is related to an Ape and thus is sub-human - I can entirely understand why this is seen as very offensive.

I agree with your suggestion that racism is endemic in many forms and places - I know of a Scot who gets VERY angry when people talk about "England" and being "English" when the user actually genuinely means "Great Britain" and being "British".

Fear of the "unknown", the "different", the "other" and "change" in general is common, especially amongst the insecure and the ignorant :(

NVP

NVP

Soldato
people on both sides want to create a divide is what I'm talking about.

I'm sure BLM did nothing for racism but set it back 20 years
That's like saying I'm sure ISIS did nothing for Islam but set it back 2 centuries.

Don't let idiots turn you into one of them.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Report any posts you feel are racist, as always. Don't blame the mods if you haven't acted for your community first.

Soldato
Report any posts you feel are racist, as always. Don't blame the mods if you haven't acted for your community first.
Why what would happen? They just shut down one thread for another to be started. Its not really the mods fault.

In fairness to the OP at least they have realised why they were wrong and have admited it. So hats off for that.

Caporegime
LOL

Just look him angrily in the face and bite the banana in half. Thats how you beat this, NOT calling the cops to try to prove someone did it intentionally lol. Tell me how will they find out?

If you can prove it was done intentionally sure but its impossible to prove he has a bad legal representation i guess? Also this kind of sets precident about fruits and races? Best watch out who you offer fruit too!

Look at who angrily in the face?

He doesn't know who sent it. Brilliant plan.

I'm sure that will defeat racism.

Caporegime
That's like saying I'm sure ISIS did nothing for Islam but set it back 2 centuries.

Don't let idiots turn you into one of them.

In certain areas of the world fundamental Islam has set social and moral development back decades, if not centuries!
Not just ISIS but mainstream Islamic culture. Look at the likes of Afghanistan and Iran before the Islamic revolution.

Soldato
A few people have been caught trying to rob banks using bananas over the years. I'm don't think many bother trying the "it's just a fruit" defence. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Mwahaha. Seriously though, BLM have definitely done harm. In the same way that those environmental die-in people have. Great message, ruined by morons.
And yet racism is quite happy with its morons spreading its message. Go figure.

You are ignoring that its racists that caused the BLM movement and lack of government interaction over environmental issues lead to Extinction Rebellion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom