• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Aye, people are just doing it because they’re desperate to **** on the 2080ti. Don’t forget lots of people have been enjoying bagging on owners since the 3080 was released with good marketing. Now they’ve all been mugged off, acted like petulant children and raged on forums for 24 hours. Now the dust is settling they need to deflect all that back onto 2080ti owners, as they’re all stuck gaming on 980’s etc (and will be until after Christmas). Retailers have already said some people won’t even see cards in October, ain’t no way nvidia can keep up with Xmas orders too. Prices will go up and up.

There’s certainly more 2080Ti’s being switched on this morning than 3000 series :p. Not bad for 2 year old cards :D, around a £1 a day for the best gaming experience possible. Bargain. ;)

Hilarious, isn’t it. :D

Associate
if its only 10% then I wont be getting the 3090...did have my heart set on it, but not paying nearly double for 10%....ill just wait for the 3080 to become available and trade it for the TI whenever that comes.

Associate
surely at only 10% improvement, nobody will buy it... How would 10% makes sense for double the price, surely nvidia cant be that cheeky? I was going to get it but if it turns out to be true ill just get another 2080ti and SLI for rendering,

Soldato
Buy button is back on the Nvidia store, can’t add to cart though.
Likewise, "Buy" button appeared, but odd empty box appears when clicking.
I've noticed if you untick the "graphics cards" filter, refresh page, buy now appears.
When you tick "graphics cards", refresh page, it says out of stock.

Scratch that, it's not appearing anymore.

Last edited:
Soldato
Likewise, "Buy" button appeared, but odd empty box appears when clicking.
I've noticed if you untick the "graphics cards" filter, refresh page, buy now appears.
When you tick "graphics cards", refresh page, it says out of stock.

Scratch that, it's not appearing anymore.

I wouldn't even bother trying nvidia store anything they add on there will be bought up instantly by bots before any real customers get to see it.

DDH

DDH

Associate
I think the 3090 is what would otherwise be a 3080ti, NVIDIA changed the name so they could charge more and people wouldn't complain about the price

3080 10gb 699 8704cuda
3080 20gb ??? 8704cuda
3080ti 20gb? ??? ????cuda
3090 24gb 1499 10496cuda

There isn't much room in that stack spec wise to slot in a 3080ti and not kill sales of the 3090, if they release a 3080 20gb model.

Back
Top Bottom