• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When are the RTX 3090 reviews out

TrM

TrM

Associate
From my understanding is that there is no embargo on the 3090 just no samples being sent out so if they need to buy the unit it will be altleast same day for early look and full testing after release date

Soldato
From my understanding is that there is no embargo on the 3090 just no samples being sent out so if they need to buy the unit it will be altleast same day for early look and full testing after release date

At least one of the Techtubers has one and there's been no review yet so I assume there is an embargo.

Soldato
It does seem AIB partners are preparing to send samples to reviewers, however Nvidia is not allowing partners to send the 3090 to reviewers yet. At least according to der8baur in last two mins of his video his 3090 samples still sitting in warehouses: I suspect Nvidia will not send any samples out themselves this time, AIB partners will, but only the same time as they go up for sale so may be going in blind or close too when they go on sale.

Soldato
From the guy leaking, who has a Gigabyte 3090 model, it's 20% faster than the 3080. I'd hoped for closer to 30%.

I'm sure there'll be more 3090 FE available compared to 3080 FE, as Nvidia make much more profit on the 3090. The BOM isn't significantly different between the two parts, but the price is!

Associate
OP
It does seem AIB partners are preparing to send samples to reviewers, however Nvidia is not allowing partners to send the 3090 to reviewers yet. At least according to der8baur in last two mins of his video his 3090 samples still sitting in warehouses: I suspect Nvidia will not send any samples out themselves this time, AIB partners will, but only the same time as they go up for sale so may be going in blind or close too when they go on sale.

Interesting video

HRL

HRL

Soldato
From the guy leaking, who has a Gigabyte 3090 model, it's 20% faster than the 3080. I'd hoped for closer to 30%.

I'm sure there'll be more 3090 FE available compared to 3080 FE, as Nvidia make much more profit on the 3090. The BOM isn't significantly different between the two parts, but the price is!

Going with the 20% for the 3080, does that mean the 3090 should be 50% more powerful than a 2080Ti?

I’ll settle for 50% and buy one if so.

Just can’t decide on an FE or trying to get hold of a hybrid/AIO card, albeit undoubtably even more expensive.

Soldato
Competition on it's own is pointless. We desperately need people to BUY from competition.

When did the internet ever shut down on release day of an AMD product?

The good old days there was demand but bots didn't exist. The bots killed this launch and this will happen time and time again with future desirable tech releases unless legislation is put in which won't happen or websites protect more against it.

Associate
Hi,

Could someone please confirm - will the 3090 be available for pre-order globally at 2 pm UK on the 24th, as was the case with 3080 last Thursday? Both FE and AIBs?

Thanks,
Michal

Soldato
When it comes out there will be like 2 of them world wide and 20,000 people wanting to buy them. It will be the same old Nvidia crap show.

AMD could play a blinder here and launch their new cards and actually have stock to supply the demand. Wouldn't that be nice

Last edited:
Associate
The 3090 is massively underwhelming. And as for bots nvidia have already changed the store. Its token based now so should stop bots.

it now makes sense why the 3080 is touted as the flag ship.

Back
Top Bottom