*** Rocket League *** Car Football

Soldato
Anyone still playing this?

Got into it again a few months ago and have been gripped by it again the last few weeks!

Be interested in playing with some other people and learning some more from some new people, currently stuck in Plat 3 in 3v3 :o

I play it now and then, I cannot get any better I'm plat 2 or 3 I think, I got as high as diamond for a bit. Probably 500+ hours I've definitely plateaued.

I'm a good team player position pretty well (don't ball chase lol), my downfall is controlling in the air, I'm ok if I have to go up in a straight line, but I don't have to coordination to change direction in the air very well.

Soldato
I play it now and then, I cannot get any better I'm plat 2 or 3 I think, I got as high as diamond for a bit. Probably 500+ hours I've definitely plateaued.

I'm a good team player position pretty well (don't ball chase lol), my downfall is controlling in the air, I'm ok if I have to go up in a straight line, but I don't have to coordination to change direction in the air very well.

I've done about 500 hours too, and ended up jumping into some Solo Standards last night and partied up with two random guys and I went from Plat3Div 1 to Diamond2Div1 after a five game winning streak.

They were both Diamond 2, so MMR must just a lot more when playing with higher level players as my usual Trio are Plat3 and Plat 2.

I'd be up for some duos if you'd like, Megahurtz112 on steam :)

Soldato
Been playing a bit with my son. We're pretty awful by my reckoning.

How's online play? Can I play local coop with him, whilst playing against other people online? Are there other awful players in a game this old, or would be just get beaten a lot? Also, on xbox, I'm thinking there must be a way to disable chat/voice etc since I obviously can't trust chat/voice.

Associate
Been playing a bit with my son. We're pretty awful by my reckoning.

How's online play? Can I play local coop with him, whilst playing against other people online? Are there other awful players in a game this old, or would be just get beaten a lot? Also, on xbox, I'm thinking there must be a way to disable chat/voice etc since I obviously can't trust chat/voice.

Online is far better than against bots. Players of all ability, it's a very popular game. You can disable voice and chat that's not a problem.
You'll start off unranked and play 10 games against players of various ability, from there it'll calculate your rank. If you are on a losing streak your rank will drop and you'll be against players of similar rank. Keep losing and your rank drops further until you're against opponents of your level. Then the climb begins, trying to get better and win games to climb the ranks :D

You can also just play the casual modes which win or lose will not affect your ranking.

Associate
Hey, boys and girls. I see that there are a lot of beginners in this thread, I want to give you some pieces of advice to you, maybe you will start playing better. You should watch some videos on Youtube from Thanovic, you will find there a lot of useful information. Also, don't fear to use RL trading sites because there you will find items for a cheaper price, which is very good. There are a lot of them on the Internet, personally, I'm using this site, where I buy rocket league items. I've never had any issues with it, so you can try it, but I'm not forcing you to do it, it's up to you to decide.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm sorry for posting here but is it worth buying Rocket League in 2020? My friend told me that it's a bad game, are they mistaken?

The game is going to be going free to play pretty soon (no confirmed date as yet). So probably depends on how much you really want to play it now.

Obviously buying it now will entitle you to some cosmetics that free to play players won't get. But that might not be important to you.

Soldato
I'm sorry for posting here but is it worth buying Rocket League in 2020? My friend told me that it's a bad game, are they mistaken?

Rocket league is a great game, it's all I really play these days.

One of the few games which is truly skilled based with little to no "luck" element to the game.

Put the hours in and you'll see and feel yourself improving and it's very rewarding :)

As above, it will be going free to play "this summer" so should be within the next few weeks hopefully, so if you're really unsure why not just wait for that

Associate
Free to play and £10 free Epic credit for those who are interested. I have it on Steam but may redeem on epic for the free £10 epic voucher.

Soldato
you need an Epic games account even if your on steam BTW. I happen to have one because i needed it for Quixel mixer (texturing software) but trying to link it doesn't work, server issues.

Some idiot also decided it would be a great idea to not put an exit button on the screen if you don't sign in or create an account so the only way for me to leave the game is to force close it. Probably the same idiot who did this for Halo Master Chief collection.

Caporegime
I've reached my skill ceiling in this game.

I've hit Diamond (in ice hockey which is not as good as ball) and that's it. For first time I'm being beaten by people just better.
Everything below I felt I was better. But here I can see I've capped out.

When you get to this point is it time for a new game?

Soldato
Practice more or just play for fun, don't have to keep climbing the ranks.
@413x I second this. If you just play for fun, your mechanical skills and game sense will increase naturally and you will slowly climb up the ranks with time. If you want to climb the ranks quicker, then dedicated practise would be the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom