• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3080 Owners Thread

Associate
I meant the code itself, is it printed on a physical card or is it emailed.
Not sure on that, I know that when I got the AMD Ryzen code for Assassin's Creed Valhalla it was an email along with the part order dispatched email from the retailer. I would assume it's the same deal since it's the same publisher.

Soldato
Not too many seem to be getting the gigabyte cards?

I've had nothing but good experience with Gigabyte and the eagle reviewed really well on KitGuru so I'm waiting for an Eagle in the coming weeks or months!

Likewise, but even though I wont see it, I was put off by the looks lol.
My first choice was an Aorus due to the huge cooler, but only when they were listed at 749, I wasn't going to pay the overinflated prices they are currently listed at, and 2. The MSI came up by chance early so I nabbed it, no regrets its a great card.

Associate
My first choice was an Aorus due to the huge cooler, but only when they were listed at 749, I wasn't going to pay the overinflated prices they are currently listed at, and 2. The MSI came up by chance early so I nabbed it, no regrets its a great card.

Except the RGB, which is shocking..

Associate
Was sort of looking at MSI too but my 1070ti MSI Armour is sagging by about 10 degrees which put me off a bit, I know it doesn't affect the function but it's the first card I have had that's done that.

Soldato
Well RGB can be turned off, I did the strip on mine 'cos it looked naff IMO.
As for sagging, not sure of the Ventus, but the Gaming comes with a support bracket.

Associate
So far the ASUS TUF is the best all rounder.

zotac is dead last on the QC and parts used from tear downs so dodged a bullet there with my order being back ordered.

FTW3 seems the best out of box but looks terrible (lipstick on a pig)

The others all seem similar. The Gaming X trio is the most dissappointing so far. That back plate is junk compared to the TUF. The temp difference is startling for the cost of the GPU.

Soldato
The temps on the MSI are higher because its a lot quieter due to stock fan speeds, a fact a few reviewers failed to take into consideration.
Also the heatsink is larger, which is a plus point for me with no worries about case room.
You can easily match the Asus for temps by increasing the slow stock fan speed and not be any louder than the Asus.
The backplate is different, but I wouldn't say its any worse for it. certainly doesn't affect temps.
But the Asus is cheaper, so given they are all so similar in performance, that is the bang for buck winner when its priced right.
Not seen any teardowns on the Zotac, but the fact the Zotac has 5 years warranty has to be a confidence booster ?
All in all, this release I think the range is so close in performance terms that it comes down to which card ticks the most boxes for the individuals requiremnts/desires ... if they could get the one they wanted :rolleyes:

Associate
The temps on the MSI are higher because its a lot quieter due to stock fan speeds, a fact a few reviewers failed to take into consideration.
Also the heatsink is larger, which is a plus point for me with no worries about case room.
You can easily match the Asus for temps by increasing the slow stock fan speed and not be any louder than the Asus.
The backplate is different, but I wouldn't say its any worse for it. certainly doesn't affect temps.
But the Asus is cheaper, so given they are all so similar in performance, that is the bang for buck winner when its priced right.
Not seen any teardowns on the Zotac, but the fact the Zotac has 5 years warranty has to be a confidence booster ?

yeh its great with the warranty, but concerning. They cut corners compared to others. With fan speed normalised between the TUF and the X Trio it is still 7c hotter than the TUF - which amazed me as i rate MSI over ASUS.

but for once theyve done well on the cards.

the graphene backplate seems like BS from MSI. They didnt go for Assymetrical fans either which may be a part of it. Also the TUF has a solid copper Die plate - the Trio X has heatpipe contact so will never be as good a contact.

i expected more from MSI, especially as visually its one of the better looking cards for vertical mounts.

not that it matters much as they run out of power before they get ridiculously hot anyway. I just hope EVGA release that bios...

Soldato
Fan speed normalised isnt the way to go, fan noise normalised would be more informative IMO.
Apart from a few slips in the past, Asus are generally solid cards, but they rep for RMA's is something to be aware of.

Like I say horses for courses :)

Soldato
Picked this up earlier and have a 48Gbps HDMI cable coming tomorrow so can test 4K@120 on the C9 :) Bit of a pain as no long cables out yet so have to relocate the PC to the other side of the room :(

Do we have a ROH yet?

20200919-174416.jpg

Back
Top Bottom