• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
From what Gibbo told us, they will receive small amounts of cards from few makers. Small means less than 50 to quote Gibbo.

So, with that data let's say I'm like 300 in the overall queue considering the time of my purchase and around 100 with the model of the GPU I ordered. My model has small stock incoming next week and till end of September shipments will be small but the chance should be pretty high to get the card early-mid October.

This is Gibbo's quote, and of course all of us are waiting for future updates. :)
What card did you order and and what time? Where would a Asus TUF oc land at 15:25?

Associate
Ive just looked at my order number and date
Its showing
16 Sep 2020 18:10:00
OC4028xxx

I ordered it around 4pm on the 17th any idea why its showing the 16th instead

d70c57acf1aebf9935b55a3ca237be21
Tried to insert a image but it doesent work

Associate
Too be fair i think it is too hard to speculate the stock and how many orders will be fulfilled, The numbers are just not for the card but for other orders like motherboards, cpu's, full pc builds etc etc and not everyone who has ordered might not be checking the forums and we gotta think about the different brands, maybe we just keep our eyes open for the upcoming days and weeks too see how many people will be getting their cards, i get that we don't want to be in the dark about this but right now we don't have official word and only speculation, either way guy you will be getting the gpus one way or another, i know it is insanly hard being patient and i am scouring all over the place for updates

Associate
Again that's the OC number, which is the internet reference for the order number. The real order number is in your email that says "your order has been received"
A very large number of us have not received a confirmation email, so the 586 number on the out of stock email bears no relation to anything we have access too ie OC Account, Paypal or Credit Card payment details which all use the OC 4##### etc.
So some confusion is bound to arise.

Got an order and it is payed for just no OC Confirmation, as their system is not as capable as it should be.

Associate
What card did you order and and what time? Where would a Asus TUF oc land at 15:25?

MSI Trio at 14:27. At 15:25 we have around 3000 orders placed. MSI Trio and TUF are top 3 cards ordered. Unless a miracle happens, waiting will go till November or worse.

Gibbo will have more updates at the end of the month. Hopefully he will do some magic and get a hold of more cards.

Associate
Could anyone look at my order info and decipher roughly how long my wait may be? I'm okay waiting as long as I get it before cp2077.

MSI Gaming X Trio
Order 40293
Placed 9/17
Time 17:28

Soldato
Would be hilarious if people get their cards first from other places and who have not pre-ordered and just buy once stock hits...

You’re basically chaining yourself to ocuk...with an order that may not be fulfilled for months and months...

I’ve been in this game countless times...and the people who pre-order apart from a select few end up waiting longer than the people who just wait for stock to hit and keep an eye out ...
But people could have a pre-order and keep an eye out for stock

Just cancel the pre-order if they find one in stock else where first ;)

Associate
The quote doesn’t say that. It says he will give us an idea of the size category for each shipment.

This is what he said:

More Asus TUF are due early next week and then later next week some TUF OC and Strix OC

Other brands shall be landing next week also, small quantities once I know more I shall update this thread.

Shipments for September will be small.

This is the update thread:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...deliveries-how-to-cancel-your-order.18899277/

Associate
Here you go...

Well in my order history it shows that I have the promotion along with the card and Geforce now and I didn't order my Tuf card until 21:22 so that must mean I am in the first 1000 orders, otherwise the promotion would not be showing in my order?

Associate
form filled in what the hell its a giggle..........20 years from now I imagine myself sat by the fire trying to explain to my grand kids......................................the great 3080 debacle that just finished off everyone with a PC in 2020 & started a whole new....everytime you want a new shiny you need to order it 3 months in advance industry model
...... (It will be like a Eve online " I was there "Vid from 3 years ago)

Associate
How long the wait is kind of like how long is a piece of string. It’s going to be dependent on the partners to make the cards and then shipping times to over here. Production started I think in middle to late August, there is also a Chinese holiday in October. But I reckon the production will now be being ramped up as the QC yields get better and such, depending also on the other supply chains from memory to the coolers (such as powerlogic)

Soldato
Well in my order history it shows that I have the promotion along with the card and Geforce now and I didn't order my Tuf card until 21:22 so that must mean I am in the first 1000 orders, otherwise the promotion would not be showing in my order?

Archaic back end (ooh err missus) meant they don't have an exact way to track live order numbers of this magnitude in their system so the promotion would have stretched to several or tens of thousands of orders. They said they are waiting for Nvidia to confirm if they can have more codes, so wait and see what happens over the next few days..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom