Eureka moment?

Permabanned
I just wondered, what was your biggest Eureka moment?

I had one today that blew my mind.

I replaced a fualty cooler with a new one today, and much to my alarm the tempertures were way too high. I sat there wondering whether the cpu temperature sensor was failing? Was the cooler not making full contact with the cpu? What the heck was going on? Maybe the original cooler was OK and there is some really weird fault with the CPU? Maybe this is just a rubbish cooler? I resigned myself to waiting for a new water cooler to find out so i made a cup of tea and sat down to watch TV. Half way through a chocolate biscuit I suddenly sprang up, raced over to the PC and pulled it apart, discovering my Euraka moment was perfectly correct! I had fogotten to peel off the plastic cover on the cooler head. BAHAHAHAH!

Associate
Sounds more like brainfart moment to me.
Good recovery tho,

Many years back I build my first pc and no matter how hard I was pressing the power button it wasn't starting.
Took me 2 h to figure out that cpu needed extra power . ‍♂️♂️

Associate
You're not the first. You won't be the last. Congrats on figuring it out.

First system I built, I forgot there was a hard switch on the power supply. Cue my stomach exiting my body via gravity when I pressed the power button on the case and nothing whatsoever happened.

Associate
You're not the first. You won't be the last. Congrats on figuring it out.

First system I built, I forgot there was a hard switch on the power supply. Cue my stomach exiting my body via gravity when I pressed the power button on the case and nothing whatsoever happened.

My worst panic moment was spending an hour trying to figure out why my damn PC wouldn't turn on unless I pressed the button on the motherboard itself when I decided to look up the specs to my Zalman Z9+ Case, as you can see in this image below the damned thing comes disconnected.

zalman_z9_plus_04.jpg

Back
Top Bottom