• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I ordered the Aorus Xtreme 3080 at 14.26pm is there any news on this card? and where i can expect to be(first batch etc) when this arrives at OC.as dont seem many people have purchased as all i am reading is Asus tuf & Gigabyte gaming related purchases.

Associate
I look forward to waiting till mid November maybe a few days before cyberpunk, getting a knock at the door as some guy hands me my 3080 and then I open it to find out one of the fan fins is broke and I need to send it back :)

Associate
Someone recently shared they order frequently from OcUK weekly, and the average orders per week seems to be about 2k orders give or take.

I don't think with those numbers in mind, that their BAU weekly orders are anything significant - compared to the volume of 3080 sales when 13k+ orders have been placed in the last 48 hours lol.

Didnt realise that many orders had been placed in 48 hours, really glad i am waiting now

Caporegime
Don't think so, they weren't listed as being in stock here for launch at least.

evga doing what they did with the 1080ti then and won’t be shipping any to the uk, until January until they have caught up with US demand. I used to love them so much

but reading that the ftw ultra pulling 400w barely overclocked better than plain standard cards so it’s probably all a silicon lottery and most AIB cards are a waste of money.

Associate
Just seeing the leaks on Videocardz about the 3090 being < 10% faster in games compared with 3080. Given the wait running into 2021 there's no point me jumping on the current 3080 preorder list now. Perhaps reviews next week might give firmer details but at over 100% the msrp of a 3080 its not looking worth the jump. Was hoping for at least 50% improvement on my 2080Ti at 4k. Knowing me if OC actually do get stock I'll probably get one anyway :)

Permabanned
Just seeing the leaks on Videocardz about the 3090 being < 10% faster in games compared with 3080. Given the wait running into 2021 there's no point me jumping on the current 3080 preorder list now. Perhaps reviews next week might give firmer details but at over 100% the msrp of a 3080 its not looking worth the jump. Was hoping for at least 50% improvement on my 2080Ti at 4k. Knowing me if OC actually do get stock I'll probably get one anyway :)
3090 i considered as a prosumer card 24gb of vram WTF you gonna do with that 16 will be good for next 6-8 years i bet till new consoles come out after consoles that are coming out now :D

Associate
Evening.
Palit 3080 pro
17:00
58658xx
Unsure why there are relatively few orders for this card. I have owned Palit cards and never had a problem with one.
People facing long queues might consider re-ordering Palit instead. Fewer orders =shorter wait assuming delivery rate on par with other manufacturers. Reviews I have seen are positive, performance in
line with Nvidia FE card.

Associate
My point is it clearly stated on the order page Buy a 3080 and get legion FREE , correct me if I am wrong but did it mention only the first 1000s orders ? If not that is 100% a lie and is not cool on OC part , Nvidia are still giving legion FREE if you buy from them direct it shouldn’t be any different, I’ll wait to see what Gibbo says but ill be honest if the game is not going to be included I’m 100% cancelling my order and prob wont ever use Oc ever again. Not a cool way to treat loyal customers who have been around since 2007

If your order states you have the codes then as they have taken your money you will get the codes

Associate
3090 i considered as a prosumer card 24gb of vram WTF you gonna do with that 16 will be good for next 6-8 years i bet till new consoles come out after consoles that are coming out now :D
Agreed. But after flogging my 2080Ti early I've waited a month already without a GPU lol. No big deal as there's more to life than playing games but after seeing how the 3080 went down this week I can only think the FE 3090 will be botted leaving a race to F5 on launch day on etailer websites. If OC gouge the prices (which I fully expect) then I might just leave it altogether and wait for my PS5 and GPU stock to normalise.

Associate
I’m not getting stressed...I was just highlighting the meaninglessness of the pursuit...

Except it's not entirely meaningless. If OC provide more details, once they know them, about the rate at which cards are supplied dividing your order position by this rate will give you an estimate of when to expect a card.

OC will not have cards sitting in inventory for months therefore any cards received will immediately be sent to customers and therefore if you know the rate the time to delivery you have an estimate. Some products are more popular so this will result in errors in this time to delivery estimate however they will be cancelled out by less popular cards being delivered faster resulting in an estimated delivery being close to the actual delivery time with any error in the rate at which they are supplied explaining the variance. Concepts from probability theory tell us that even in non-normal distributions around 75% of data points would fall within 2 standard deviations of the mean so unless the stanadard deviation is very large then the estimate will be reasonable even though we are working from little data. As always the experience of an individual can vary enormously from these averages but for a large number of people this could actually provide a reasonable estimate. You can also refine things further like if we know not to expect EVGA cards for X weeks/months they can be removed from the population to help further improve the model.

Also some people just like to geek out on numbers. If it's not your thing fine but why you feel the need to belittle it I have no idea.

Associate
Except it's not entirely meaningless. If OC provide more details, once they know them, about the rate at which cards are supplied dividing your order position by this rate will give you an estimate of when to expect a card.

OC will not have cards sitting in inventory for months therefore any cards received will immediately be sent to customers and therefore if you know the rate the time to delivery you have an estimate. Some products are more popular so this will result in errors in this time to delivery estimate however they will be cancelled out by less popular cards being delivered faster resulting in an estimated delivery being close to the actual delivery time with any error in the rate at which they are supplied explaining the variance. Concepts from probability theory tell us that even in non-normal distributions around 75% of data points would fall within 2 standard deviations of the mean so unless the stanadard deviation is very large then the estimate will be reasonable even though we are working from little data. As always the experience of an individual can vary enormously from these averages but for a large number of people this could actually provide a reasonable estimate. You can also refine things further like if we know not to expect EVGA cards for X weeks/months they can be removed from the population to help further improve the model.

Also some people just like to geek out on numbers. If it's not your thing fine but why you feel the need to belittle it I have no idea.

You're putting way too much thought into this. Put him on ignore if you're that bothered and just go back to your discussion.

Associate
It's actually very little thought when you deal with this sort of subject matter for a living and some people might actually find it interesting to know why something like this can actually work.

Associate
They've had about 12,000+ orders actually since 3080 launch lol.

Friend ordered one last night and the order number difference was well over 12k now.
heavy that. My order number starting with 40.. so as i seen some order numbers here i was early a bit

Associate
I just read that the offer for Watch dog legion was taking off, my last order that failed showed up with the promotion but the order that actually got through doesn't have the promotion, i didn't miss it did i? i thought codes and that already come pre packaged with the cards at launch anyways?

Soldato
I just read that the offer for Watch dog legion was taking off, my last order that failed showed up with the promotion but the order that actually got through doesn't have the promotion, i didn't miss it did i? i thought codes and that already come pre packaged with the cards at launch anyways?

Nothing comes pre packaged. The retailers will be given a set amount of codes, OCUK were given 1000. After someone buys the card, the retailer will send them an email with the promo code in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom