• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who's waiting for the 3090 and which brand are you getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
The numbers can’t be correct.

Will reserve judgement until the reviews come out but as a prospective purchaser I’m a little disappointed and if true I’ll not be buying one.

Soldato
Heres a thought, if the 3090 is only, say, 10%-15% faster than a stock 3080, then how close to a 3090 is 3080 super with 16gb of Vram gonna get? Thats assuming that those gigabyte cards mentioned on the internet are real.

Caporegime
Why? The titan rtx golden dong edition was hardly any faster than the 2080ti and cost £1500 more. it had more ram and that was about it, seems to be the same case here.

that was a Titan though, only sold by nvidia and had other none game uses. This time there are twenty different versions by AIB and game orientated. So you might expect There to be a decent benefit.

then again, it is Nvidia we are talking about

Associate
Heres a thought, if the 3090 is only, say, 10%-15% faster than a stock 3080, then how close to a 3090 is 3080 super with 16gb of Vram gonna get? Thats assuming that those gigabyte cards mentioned on the internet are real.

That's what I am thinking.
I will probably wait until the Navi announcement and see what the landscape is like.

Caporegime
that was a Titan though, only sold by nvidia and had other none game uses. This time there are twenty different versions by AIB and game orientated. So you might expect There to be a decent benefit.

Well look at the current cards, the 3080 fe is on par with most of the third party cards currently reviewed, some are getting a few % more but not much. And with the size of the cooler nvidia has on the 3090 it makes it less likely third party cards would do any better. Especially considering these are also going to be gouged to buggery.

Soldato
I might take a look next year when there are actually some of them in stock :p

Seriously 99% of those expecting one on launch day unless they walk into the store in person on the hour they're going to be seriously disappointed. Never seen such a debacle as the last few days.

Associate
Well look at the current cards, the 3080 fe is on par with most of the third party cards currently reviewed, some are getting a few % more but not much. And with the size of the cooler nvidia has on the 3090 it makes it less likely third party cards would do any better. Especially considering these are also going to be gouged to buggery.

Yeah to me it looks like they're already on the bleeding edge of what the GPU can do, it would be really hard for this same GPU to perform much faster, all they can really do is add bandwidth and add memory.

Caporegime
Yeah to me it looks like they're already on the bleeding edge of what the GPU can do, it would be really hard for this same GPU to perform much faster, all they can really do is add bandwidth and add memory.

Yup, this is the first release in a while where an nvidia gpu hasn't much left in the tank out of the box, they've thrown voltage at it and pushed it pretty much to its limits in terms of clock speed. 3090 has a stupidly large cooler for an "FE" card so that likely is cranked as far as it can go, otherwise they would have went with something smaller.

Associate
Yup, this is the first release in a while where an nvidia gpu hasn't much left in the tank out of the box, they've thrown voltage at it and pushed it pretty much to its limits in terms of clock speed. 3090 has a stupidly large cooler for an "FE" card so that likely is cranked as far as it can go, otherwise they would have went with something smaller.

Yeah, it does look like the cooler was created to adequately cool the GPU, doesn't it?

Associate
leaked benchmarks are sugesting 10%-15% fps over a 3080.. This whole series is becoming a joke. If AMD cant be that confident with RDNA2, or you would think they would leak more than just a picture of a triple fan cooler this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom