• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I just read that the offer for Watch dog legion was taking off, my last order that failed showed up with the promotion but the order that actually got through doesn't have the promotion, i didn't miss it did i? i thought codes and that already come pre packaged with the cards at launch anyways?

No they get emailed separately after the order is dispatched.

Associate
Nothing comes pre packaged. The retailers will be given a set amount of codes, OCUK were given 1000. After someone buys the card, the retailer will send them an email with the promo code in it.
Dammit, i tried all that night to get one ordered but my bank for acting up, feel a bit robbed from my bank now

Associate
I feel you. I would have had a card from a different retailer, but my bank blocked the transaction and decided to do a security check.
Yeah that what happened to me and i messed up the first verify and my card was restricted, on the plus side, when i got in contact with fradulant the guy was a PC nerd and we actually had a really nice conversation while he sorted out my card, I might not have Watch dogs but wholesome homies are always a plus

Soldato
Would be hilarious if people get their cards first from other places and who have not pre-ordered and just buy once stock hits...

You’re basically chaining yourself to ocuk...with an order that may not be fulfilled for months and months...

I’ve been in this game countless times...and the people who pre-order apart from a select few end up waiting longer than the people who just wait for stock to hit and keep an eye out ...
Not wrong my boy. Literally no point in pre ordering GPUs of any kind these days, it's bad for your health.

I've made that mistake before, never again. I'll wait until early next year and bag myself one, maybe a TI if they exist. Games and hardware can wait and there is no point in going from the front anymore.

For example, drivers need to mature in regards to GPUs. In regards to games, if you are buying this card for Cyberpunk 2077 then just wait a bit. The game itself will need countless patches and will also release dlc. May as well wait for the GOTY edition :D.

But seriously, this all makes sense.

Associate
EVGA on twitter are claiming thousands of 3080 coming into stock this coming week, presumably the uk\eu gets about 5 of these.

Yea a lot of people keep saying "Look they're shipping thousands soon!" but then forget its World Wide and how much demand there is everywhere.
Think we're lucky if we even get 5, probably 1 per country in Europe and the rest to America. :D

Soldato
Evening.
Palit 3080 pro
17:00
58658xx
Unsure why there are relatively few orders for this card. I have owned Palit cards and never had a problem with one.
People facing long queues might consider re-ordering Palit instead. Fewer orders =shorter wait assuming delivery rate on par with other manufacturers. Reviews I have seen are positive, performance in
line with Nvidia FE card.

The design being utterly hideous might have something to do with it :D

Caporegime
Yea a lot of people keep saying "Look they're shipping thousands soon!" but then forget its World Wide and how much demand there is everywhere.
Think we're lucky if we even get 5, probably 1 per country in Europe and the rest to America. :D

yeah people,have short memories. I remember watching Evga post on twitter every day after the 1080ti launch that “50 cards were going out” or “100” to the US while the UK didn’t get a single card for 90 days.

Soldato
Evening.
Palit 3080 pro
17:00
58658xx
Unsure why there are relatively few orders for this card. I have owned Palit cards and never had a problem with one.
People facing long queues might consider re-ordering Palit instead. Fewer orders =shorter wait assuming delivery rate on par with other manufacturers. Reviews I have seen are positive, performance in
line with Nvidia FE card.

Palit cards are like the Promark or TKMax of the GPU world.
Nowt wrong with them just have this cheap stigma.

The look of the cards being ugly is neither here or there. Case lovers wont buy them but others wont mind as you dont look at the GPU when you use your PC.

Associate
I just read that the offer for Watch dog legion was taking off, my last order that failed showed up with the promotion but the order that actually got through doesn't have the promotion, i didn't miss it did i? i thought codes and that already come pre packaged with the cards at launch anyways?

The offer was taken off because OCUK had run through the 1,000 codes they had been given.

Gibbo has asked for more, assuming they get enough of them, I'd expect the offer to go back on for all orders...

Associate
Just seeing the leaks on Videocardz about the 3090 being < 10% faster in games compared with 3080. Given the wait running into 2021 there's no point me jumping on the current 3080 preorder list now. Perhaps reviews next week might give firmer details but at over 100% the msrp of a 3080 its not looking worth the jump. Was hoping for at least 50% improvement on my 2080Ti at 4k. Knowing me if OC actually do get stock I'll probably get one anyway :)
If your just gaming that would be a massive waste of money just save your money and buy a 3080 in a few months when they come in stock.

Associate
No, by that time of night the first 1,000 were a distant and fading vision in the rear-view mirror...

Don't sweat it for now though, Gibbo has requested more codes, let him do his thing and see what news there is tomorrow.

Depending on which card you ordered that late, I'd be more worried about the offer code expiring before your card arrives...

But it literally says in my order history that I have the code and the card?

Associate
But it literally says in my order history that I have the code and the card?

... and unless and until you hear otherwise that remains the case.

Nobody is saying you won't get the codes, just that until Gibbo gets more codes they are not displaying the offer on new orders.

Associate
... and unless and until you hear otherwise that remains the case.

Nobody is saying you won't get the codes, just that until Gibbo gets more codes they are not displaying the offer on new orders.

I don't believe any other site have a limited amount of codes do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom