NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
I installed two slim Noctua fans in the bottom. Anyone else find that the blades scrape the metal? or I have I just screwed them in too tight?

Sounds like your screwing them in to tight, I have not seen this issue.

Has anyone found any tower aircoolers to fit that expel air upwards (i.e. can be rotated)

Thanks

Not seen one that will rotate but I have an old Xigmatek that uses the clips so it can only point up or down :)

Just watched a video with the Arctic Freezer 34 Esports Duo fitted in the NR200 with a vented side panel.
Anyone have any experience with that cooler and AM4?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHsCdim0Srg

While I love the cost and the cooler is solid, I found that I did not like the small area of actual CPU contact. Worked okay on a 3600 but move it to a 3800X and it just could not keep up.

Associate
It seemed like machines and more was leaning towards the C14S as it draws from the side panel. I thought I'd seen earlier NR200 builds where it was necessary to move the PSU to the front panel but he seems to have it in the normal side panel fit. A tower cooler is either going to draw GPU air when aligned to exhaust or if intaking then there's no case air filter and it could still draw 3080FE exhaust air back in from the outside.

As only one top fan fits with a C14S (and even with a tower cooler I'm dubious about the one right over a large CPU cooler) I'm thinking 3080FE with C14S for the CPU and one top fan plus a bottom intake fan might be a good compromise for CPU/GPU temps and total fan noise.

Associate
BTW Cooler Master should be commended for a GREAT case. They have made SFF builds easily within reach for anyone with the price point and have a case design that is well made with a lot of options for builds. I have now tested with air and AiO cooling and both work great.

Associate
I have a couple of questions, if anyone could help me it would be greatly appricitated.

Thinking of going with the nr200p case. I have a rtx 3080 asus tuf gaming incomming and wondering if shroud shredding this is viable in this case? It's taking 2.7 slots stock, unsure how it is without the shroud. If there is too much space doing this would a 120mm to 140mm adapter fit in this case to increase the height of the fan? Or would something else that would make the fan be closer to the GPU be better?

Also wondering if none of the above is viable. What kind of clearance is there in the bottom of the case? Would a normal 25mm fan fit or would i have to go with a 15mm?

Soldato
OP
The card is 51.6mm thick, so 25mm fans won't fit (it's a tight squeeze with the 49mm 5700 XT Nitro+).

As for deshrouding, it'll be tuf (':D') to know until someone has tried it. But I'd guess there will be a few millimetres air gap with 25mm fans.

Associate
The card is 51.6mm thick, so 25mm fans won't fit (it's a tight squeeze with the 49mm 5700 XT Nitro+).

As for deshrouding, it'll be tuf (':D') to know until someone has tried it. But I'd guess there will be a few millimetres air gap with 25mm fans.
Are there any mm left with the 5700XT? I'll have to measure when I get the tuf card perhaps and see how I'll do it.

Soldato
OP
Are there any mm left with the 5700XT? I'll have to measure when I get the tuf card perhaps and see how I'll do it.

I'd say no. Unless the card is perfectly level, the GPU fans scrape on the case fans.

I stopped using bottom fans though. Didn't seem to be really doing much.

Associate
I'd say no. Unless the card is perfectly level, the GPU fans scrape on the case fans.

I stopped using bottom fans though. Didn't seem to be really doing much.
I see, well might not use the bottom fans alone. But if I can use some fans there instead of the stock GPU I would like that.

Associate
So has any found there to be any point in swapping out the top 2 case fans? They seem to cool well enough and are quiet enough but just wonder if there is a noise/thermals difference to going to a Noctua for example.

Soldato
Found that my stock fans resonated quite badly at some frequencies which annoyed me, so swapped them for a pair of Corsair ML120s that I'd bought pretty recently. I've not noticed any resonating with these and they've got a huge PWM range so can go from being silent to shifting serious amounts of air really nicely. If you aren't having any issues with the ones you have I'd doubt that you'd see worthwhile gains on switching to some Noctuas for the price of them.

Associate
Found that my stock fans resonated quite badly at some frequencies which annoyed me, so swapped them for a pair of Corsair ML120s that I'd bought pretty recently. I've not noticed any resonating with these and they've got a huge PWM range so can go from being silent to shifting serious amounts of air really nicely. If you aren't having any issues with the ones you have I'd doubt that you'd see worthwhile gains on switching to some Noctuas for the price of them.

I found the same resonating thing around 1000RPM but wasn't sure if it was just me.

Back
Top Bottom