• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Associate
Has anyone else actually managed to have a card delivered yet other than the one person who mentioned it yesterday? It's mad to think how many people have commented on here and only one person has mentioned that they have the 3080

Soldato
To be fair, he's not asking remotely as much as some of the other headcases. If he had that on an auction over 3 days he'd probably get over a grand.

hes also selling a second one here too EVGA.. funny how some got more than one from OCUK and now ebaying them, sure he got more than 2 and got one for himself too.. so at least 3 he purchased ..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EVGA-NVI...-Ampere-GPU-GUARANTEED-PRE-ORDER/174443021129

OCUK 1 per household.... should have been the rule like ALL other sites and high street stores.:mad::mad::mad:

Associate
No thanks I'll wait for MSRP on a card, also I'm put off by the 3090 now seeing it is no more than 10% faster than a 3080 for twice the price.. so NVIDIA can stuff it with the 3090 too, will wait and see what AMD has and when the 3080ti or 3080 20GB come out .. that was my reasoning to buy something with more than 10GB which is a joke on a so called flagship card for gaming as NVIDIA put it and laughing that a 3090 is 8K capable what on ultra low settings for some of the demanding games or a slide show.. come on pure marketing rubbish clearly and anyone believes a 3070 is faster than a 2080ti is dreaming yes with their select games they have optimised their drivers to read fake numbers .. I give up really the whole pc gaming is becoming a fools game with NVIDIA running the game.. No wonder they came out same time as PS5 preorders ..

I use my pc for more than gaming and the extra VRAM would have helped with work related applications and thats why I wanted to stay clear of 10GB cards in 2020.. so was willing to go 3090 until I saw the performance 10% for double price they can stick it I was willing to pay for 20% increase and swallow my pride knowing I got screwed even at MSRP.

I don't really get why people are so keen for the top tier card. IMO these cards exist to make the next one down look more affordable (and it works, I guess) all the way down the chain. The 3090 just isn't good value for money by any metric and that VRAM is mostly wasted if not for very specific tasks.

Caporegime
Soldato
I don't really get why people are so keen for the top tier card. IMO these cards exist to make the next one down look more affordable (and it works, I guess) all the way down the chain. The 3090 just isn't good value for money by any metric and that VRAM is mostly wasted if not for very specific tasks.

Some want the best, even if it's bad value for money.

Same reason some buy top of the range watches, phones, TV's, cars, it applies to everything.

Soldato

For applications not gaming in my case the 24GB VRAM would help. Also the 3090 wont be the top end card , there will be a 3090ti/super and a fully enabled chip for the Titans and will probably have 48GB too and a stupid price for double the VRAM and a fully working chip with nothing turned off.

For gaming a 3090 is a mugs card.. its only 10% faster than a 3080 10GB in best case and average so far what we have seen 8.8% faster than a 3080 for over double the price.

Associate
Has there been any info released about the time the last stock went out for each card? Would be interesting to know how far down the pre-order list I am. Mine went through at 2.38pm.

Associate
Has anyone else actually managed to have a card delivered yet other than the one person who mentioned it yesterday? It's mad to think how many people have commented on here and only one person has mentioned that they have the 3080

I've seen several posts confirming receipt, I'd expect most receiving cards have better things to be doing with their new acquisition than posting on here :)

Associate
I’ll just pootle along with my 1080ti until AMD have released and the dust has settled. Then I’ll pay whatever the best price I can find is for the highest performance card I can afford at the time. I’ll get 2/3 maybe even 5 years out of it and enjoy every minute. It’s cheaper than smoking for a year, drinking every weekend, a golf club membership, a season ticket to my favourite football club, or a trip abroad to an F1 race.

I need to push pixels to get the best out of my Pimax 8k, I’ll get a hell of a lot of smiles per £. Gotta spend it on something.

Back
Top Bottom