Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate
Arrived today - new 3D printer, Artillery Sidewinder X1. Just assembled it but it is huge lol, and the machine dimensions don't mention the extra room needed at the back for it to operate so the shelf I made isn't really deep enough. Trying to squeeze it into a recess in my study and the built-in spool holder won't fit but I don't want to use it anyway (I have some rollers on the shelf above that hold spools of any size). I have it connected via a Raspberry Pi 4 and will use Octoprint.

Soldato
Arrived today - new 3D printer, Artillery Sidewinder X1. Just assembled it but it is huge lol, and the machine dimensions don't mention the extra room needed at the back for it to operate so the shelf I made isn't really deep enough. Trying to squeeze it into a recess in my study and the built-in spool holder won't fit but I don't want to use it anyway (I have some rollers on the shelf above that hold spools of any size). I have it connected via a Raspberry Pi 4 and will use Octoprint.

very exciting!

Soldato
I bought a Philips 12-in-1 face, hair, body Series 7000 find it amazing at cutting my hair down to zero and if I want to go shorter I use my one blade such a peasant with non pro clippers :D

Anyway bought this for the mrs by backing them on Indiegogo months ago so hope they help with her tinnitus.

IMG-3264-1.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Picked up a stand off Amazon this week not expecting much for £26 but actually it's very good, mainly for storage so bike doesn't fall over i the shed but also useful for working on the bike, cleaning etc.

Bike%20stand%20-20200920_092115.jpg

Bike%20stand%20-%2020200920_092132.jpg

Caporegime
How does that work? Surely it's going to tell you the surface temperature of something, but not if the middle is still raw and cold?

Exactly, but good for oil or checking temps of liquids since when they boil it circulates. I want to try my hands at tampura. I already have a thermometer but just an excuse to get a gadget.

It work checking body temps too, just point it at the forehead.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
IMO you can't beat an Earl Grey from Fortnum & Mason

I've not had that yet and you've not had this, it appears we are not informed enough to make such statements yet! Although I have had a mile long list of Earl Greys and this one so far is one of my top favs! Not cheap exactly but worth it.

Caporegime
Exactly, but good for oil or checking temps of liquids since when they boil it circulates. I want to try my hands at tampura. I already have a thermometer but just an excuse to get a gadget.

It work checking body temps too, just point it at the forehead.

Well yes and no. It's not accurate enough for body temps. Because if your body temp is even a degree higher than normal it could kill you.

So yes it can read body temps but not accurately enough I'd be willing to stake my life on it . Mainly because of the huge range of temperatures these things tend to cover. I have one had it for years for my outdoor wood burning pizza oven. I researched as soon as Covid hit and all normal branded thermometers were sold out in the UK bar the £75+ ones.

Ended up buying a branded normal body temp thermometer to be safe should I or my family get a fever.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Pedals_mag_alloy.jpg

£25 pedals, the standard plastic ones seemed ok but a single bearing and plastic means not so smooth and not so grippy. These are magnesium alloy and use 3 bearings. Lightweight and spinny!
Pedals_mag_alloy.jpg

£25 pedals, the standard plastic ones seemed ok but a single bearing and plastic means not so smooth and not so grippy. These are magnesium alloy and use 3 bearings. Lightweight and spinny!

Say good buy to your shins :eek::D

Back
Top Bottom