Most protective phone case thats not a brick?

Associate
Ive been looking for a while and reviews are mostly useless claiming one case is the best when it clearly isnt. Ive had to resort to videos of face down concrete drop tests but these are very rare and often dont include the case youre checking or involve a good height, surface or face landing. It seems like the bricks are the best but Im looking for a case less bricky, not thin Im all for rugged armour, just not those like the tank.

Ive found four which arent too bricky but cannot tell which would be tougher, in particular to protect the screen without hiding the display. If you know some phone cases which are tougher and not bricks please let me know.

The four Ive found are : pelican shield, zizo bolt, g form extreme and mous limitless2
Im after protection of ideally 40ft face down on concrete. Minimally 20 feet face and concrete. The idea is 20-40 feet assures protection from a more realistic distance. I have not specified the phone, Im only looking at cases.

Many thanks for any information.

Soldato
For a 40ft drop - I'd suggest bubble wrap, the stuff with the larger bubbles - basically; the bigger the bubble the higher the drop, and wrapping it in several layers will also increase the IP rating!

On a serious note, I doubt anything will save a non-rugged smartphone from drops that high!

Associate
OP
For a 40ft drop - I'd suggest bubble wrap, the stuff with the larger bubbles - basically; the bigger the bubble the higher the drop, and wrapping it in several layers will also increase the IP rating!

On a serious note, I doubt anything will save a non-rugged smartphone from drops that high!

The bricks would. I'm for rugged just not the bricks

Associate

Hope so at £39.99 for one that fits the Galaxy S9+ :eek: I did consider one but got a Gear4 Battersea (for S9+) on offer at £24.99 against £34.99 on their website. Is the Gear4 or the Mous worth the premium price I'm not sure but sales rep at Carphone Warehouse demonstrated with what he said was his personal Samsung phone with Gear4 case on by throwing it across the floor then banging it edge on to the desk with more force than I would have liked to have done. Phone was fine BTW. Any case that offers a decent amount of protection also adds some bulk.

Associate
OP
Had a mous limitless for the xs max, Its a great case, the carbon was so nice.

Go for it

It's an inspired design to have a mini bubble wrap inner layer. If only there was a case which combined a bubble wrap inner layer with the airshock bumper outer layer and threw in a 0.125-0.25inch raised lip for the screen lol. The mous is tempting and the XS max apparently has one of the more fragile screens so that's a good test.

Back
Top Bottom