**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
Performance wise I'm confused.

Running on my laptop, the GPU is at 99%, CPU around 35%. 100% scaling at 1080P and 150% nets about the same framerate, I'm running between 25-35 with everything cranked as high as it'll go.

Does this point to lack of optimization in game?

Secondly, scenery, does anyone find the UK mediocre in terms of scenery generation, and in cities compared to that of USA or Japan, I'm wowed in general but you fly over japan or some parts of USA and WOW.

Associate
My GamePass expires on Monday. Ideally, I now want to get Premium Deluxe on Steam but looks like I would have to pay full price. CD Keys have it for GBP96.99 but currently out of stock.

Anyone know of any deals? Don't really want to wait for next Steam sale. Might just say sod it and get it on Steam but GBP89.99 for Microsoft key on CD Keys is tempting...

Associate
Finally got my GoFlight panels to work, had to install FSX:SE so I could create a FSX Config file and then you manually run GFDevFSX.exe with FS2020.

Soldato
Not going to lie, quite impressed how well this actually runs on my system, I let it auto decide on what settings it thinks would be good for my system and it decided "high end", at 1440p,I thought hmm Il probably have to knock some settings down when I actually try it in game but no runs actually very nicely didn't notice any lag or stutters.

Soldato
Not going to lie, quite impressed how well this actually runs on my system, I let it auto decide on what settings it thinks would be good for my system and it decided "high end", at 1440p,I thought hmm Il probably have to knock some settings down when I actually try it in game but no runs actually very nicely didn't notice any lag or stutters.

Likewise.

Especially after so many years of FSX/P3d and XP11 chugging along in a stuttering mess.

Running 1440p high and it looks utterly stunning and runs beautifully.

Soldato
The latest patch has broken bush trips for me. So annoying.

When I go to land it isn't detected and the leg never ends.
Same. Works OK if you start a new bush trip but at the moment you can't continue an in-progress one. Such a disaster of a patch, I've had so many CTD with it too.

Soldato
Not had any CTD's yet, just the main thread randomly bugs out and locks my FPS at 13 since this latest patch, spamming the change view button or look down button usually unlocks the FPS again, but it's nearly constantly doing this and making it unplayable tbh.

Soldato
Having realised my installation is damaged due to the patch failing to finish downloading, I had no option but to use the Steam verify local files which has then triggered a full reinstall. There is no option to just repair or reinstall the damaged files.

Unfortunately to prevent the downloads tripping out, I'm having to use Net Limiter to keep the d/l speed no more than 500kb/s - which is going to take over 50 hours to reacquire 102Gb of files.

A total disgrace, for the money they are charging Asobo and MS should have servers capable of taking a reasonable download speed. Whole game is a behemoth and a farce - really wish now I had stuck with my refund.

Soldato
Had a weird experience yesterday. Was trying to go for a fly around in the King Air, but it was like the alternators weren't working and eventually the battery just died and I lost avionics (restarted the flight and same thing). I was starting from cold and dark, but pretty sure I didn't miss anything (double checked with the checklist). Anyone else have that?

Had a fun flight from Shannon to Manchester as well where I was given FL450 in the small jet for cruise, and only about 20miles out was then told to descend to 3k. I also ran out of fuel so I had to glide it in, which I got totally wrong despite having loads of altitude.

Soldato
Not had any CTD's yet, just the main thread randomly bugs out and locks my FPS at 13 since this latest patch, spamming the change view button or look down button usually unlocks the FPS again, but it's nearly constantly doing this and making it unplayable tbh.

It's stopped crashing to desktop when you connect/reconnect a device...but for me waking up my bluetooth keyboard triggers a 10-15 second pause...but annoying.

Having realised my installation is damaged due to the patch failing to finish downloading, I had no option but to use the Steam verify local files which has then triggered a full reinstall. There is no option to just repair or reinstall the damaged files.

Unfortunately to prevent the downloads tripping out, I'm having to use Net Limiter to keep the d/l speed no more than 500kb/s - which is going to take over 50 hours to reacquire 102Gb of files.

A total disgrace, for the money they are charging Asobo and MS should have servers capable of taking a reasonable download speed. Whole game is a behemoth and a farce - really wish now I had stuck with my refund.

What do you mean tripping out? I've installed the game twice on my 100mb line and it's fairly flown down the line.

Soldato
First installation doesn’t seem an issue, that went okay. It’s since the second patch, any large file gets so far then goes back to 0% unless the speed is throttled to 500kb/s. Some reckon they have got up to 2.34Mb/s before it spazzes out but not the case here. Add to that a Steam verify essentially resets the whole MS element, which has no built in tool to just do damaged or missing files and that means downloading the whole 102Gb again. This issue is all over the Steam forums.

Associate
Same. Works OK if you start a new bush trip but at the moment you can't continue an in-progress one. Such a disaster of a patch, I've had so many CTD with it too.
Workaround is to restart and use the dev tools to teleport directly to the end of each previously completed leg. It's as simple as entering the ICAO code for the destination (shown at the top of the navlog) into the teleport tool. Still get the achievements as well.

Soldato
Got this on xbox game pass. Really enjoying it so far. So once you land at the airport you set in the final destination is there a way to end the game as in complete your flight? I seem to land, taxi off the runway and it never tells me where to go. I either have to manually quit, or go on the rampage, power on full and ram into the terminal.

Associate
Got this on xbox game pass. Really enjoying it so far. So once you land at the airport you set in the final destination is there a way to end the game as in complete your flight? I seem to land, taxi off the runway and it never tells me where to go. I either have to manually quit, or go on the rampage, power on full and ram into the terminal.
You need to request taxi to parking and then go through your shutdown checklist/process and it will then end the flight.

Caporegime
Any recommendations for good Android companion apps, particularly flight planners, charts, routes, and maps?

I've done a fair bit of looking and it seems that they're all either iOS only (Foreflight is the common recommendation), USA only, or very expensive.

Vfrmap plugin looks interesting, but is only really a Google Maps vfr overly.

Ideally I'd like to use it on my Android tablet. Beginning to think I should just use a web-based service combined with the better vfr map.

Soldato
Any recommendations for good Android companion apps, particularly flight planners, charts, routes, and maps?

I've done a fair bit of looking and it seems that they're all either iOS only (Foreflight is the common recommendation), USA only, or very expensive.

Ideally I'd like to use it on my Android tablet. Beginning to think I should just use a web-based service combined with the better vfr map.

I don't think there is must on Android for this, all iOS like you say. Sky vector is a great Web based planner though.

Associate

I am using an app on Android called Sim Dashboard, also needs the desktop app to run alongside so they communicate. This i use primarily for sim racing but has dashboards for FS2020 which run on your device alongside the game, its pretty cool but is just over £11 on google play store for the full version.

Haven't tried it in FS2020 yet as i only discovered the app yesterday. Initial testing in Dirt 2.0 was great, instant feedback on your phone from what's going on in game.

Soldato
G-SYNC not working? Here's the fix....

Not getting much traction as I started a thread linked below in the Graphics card forum, but here are my instructions for getting the game to run in true fullscreen (not the 'fullscreen borderless window' ***** that the game purports to be fullscreen) so that G-sync can work properly in all its glory....

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...orking-with-msfs-2020-how-to-fix-it.18899798/

Back
Top Bottom