• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
That does sound like lower power mode. I’m seeing consistently over 1600mhz, between 200-240 watts on an undervolted but not overclocked Strix.

Soldato
From my experience the card was dropping as low as 1100mhz without the cooler but spent most of its time around 1425. With the cooler it jumped to 1550 or there abouts. I’m pretty sure if you want a consistent 1600mhz you have to push the power slider to 50% regardless of the cooling.

Pet Northerner
Don
tried to do a pad / paste replacement on mt red devil - machine wouldn;t post. Looks like the 3mm pads are 1mm to thick so the block asn't in full contact with the die.

I've shaved the pads a little and the machine posts, which will do until thinner pads turn up. What a derp!

Associate
AMD have acknowledged that there is a problem with horizon zero dawn and vega. Love the game performance is terrible.

Last edited:
Soldato
Here I am again pretending I have the time to try and eek a bit more out of my Nitro+ 64 for some extra frames in Modern Warfare! :o

Currently completely stock, can anyone reccomend some wattman settings to try eek some more FPS out when playing at 1440p please? :)

I can give you my current quick and dirty settings that have been stable for the last few weeks.

P7 1600mhz core, 975mv(1600mhz is actually an underclock but my core boosts higher for some reason and is stable vs leaving it at 1630)
p6 950mv
p1-5 950mv

Hbm voltage 950, stage 3 1025mhz, timings untouched.

+50% power limit.
fan profile is slightly increased as the card doesn't make that much noise under the table anyway.

If your card isn't stable no more than 1025mv should be needed on the p7 to make it go.

Soldato
I can give you my current quick and dirty settings that have been stable for the last few weeks.

P7 1600mhz core, 975mv(1600mhz is actually an underclock but my core boosts higher for some reason and is stable vs leaving it at 1630)
p6 950mv
p1-5 950mv

Hbm voltage 950, stage 3 1025mhz, timings untouched.

+50% power limit.
fan profile is slightly increased as the card doesn't make that much noise under the table anyway.

If your card isn't stable no more than 1025mv should be needed on the p7 to make it go.

Cheers buddy!

Ive asked three or four times but never sat down and worked out how to even change the settings properly :o

So you just change these in the AMD software under the performance tab?

Could you post a screenshot if yours to stop me cooking my card by changing the wrong setting possibly?

Soldato
Cheers buddy!

Ive asked three or four times but never sat down and worked out how to even change the settings properly :o

So you just change these in the AMD software under the performance tab?

Could you post a screenshot if yours to stop me cooking my card by changing the wrong setting possibly?

A small note, if I increase the P7 voltage from 975mv boost clocks will continue to climb until around 1545ish MHz is achieved at around 1050mv. I just don't like the extra heat from that so I keep the mv lower.
ZCgM19Y.png

Soldato
A small note, if I increase the P7 voltage from 975mv boost clocks will continue to climb until around 1545ish MHz is achieved at around 1050mv. I just don't like the extra heat from that so I keep the mv lower.

Thanks man - I actually came here to ask for 'easy' UV/OC settings, so will start with this.

One question; your memory clock settings seem pretty high for the 950mV. I haven't read too much about HBM overclocking, so went with 1000MHz instead to be conservative.

On another note, I am getting not-infrequent crash to desktop errors with Destiny 2, which is kind off annoying. Not sure if it's the game, the card, or the drivers. I don't really have time to play any other games for long enough to rule out the game as the cause... will see if this conservative UV/OC makes a difference or not...

Cheers,

Su

Soldato
Thanks man - I actually came here to ask for 'easy' UV/OC settings, so will start with this.

One question; your memory clock settings seem pretty high for the 950mV. I haven't read too much about HBM overclocking, so went with 1000MHz instead to be conservative.

On another note, I am getting not-infrequent crash to desktop errors with Destiny 2, which is kind off annoying. Not sure if it's the game, the card, or the drivers. I don't really have time to play any other games for long enough to rule out the game as the cause... will see if this conservative UV/OC makes a difference or not...

Cheers,

Su

HBM Voltage is not actually HBM voltage in the control panel.... yeah don't ask... don't know why AMD thinks thats a good idea but hey... Its basically the voltage floor for the chip which means that if you se your P7 to 975mv but the voltage floor (voltage under HBM) to say 1000mv the chip will never drop below 1000mv and you will not get the full benefit of the undervolted settings.

Regarding Destiny 2... I didn't have any issues with the game back when I played it a long time ago, but I know that earlier Ryzen Bios' had issues. I don't know what platform you're on but if you are using a B450/x470 or earlier perhaps its worth looking into.

Soldato
Got it thanks man, helpful!

Rest of system is Ryzen 2700X with the Asus CH7 (X470), using the one before latest BIOS. I might be on older chipset drivers, so guess I could try updating those...

Su

P.S. Consider coming back to D2... new expansion dropping in November should bring some epic changes (and the current season is pretty good too!).

Associate
Hello everybody! I have a Vega 64 Nitro from Sapphire and received the BYKSKI Fullcoverblock yesterday :)
Now my question because it is a realy tight fit in my new case: is it necessary to install the original backplate? Or can it be used without also? I saw there are some thermal pads for the "micro" mirco chips (very small). Maybe i can glue (thermal glue) some mini coolers on these parts?
Otherwise i have to cut the backplate a bit :p

Thank you.

Best regards
facet

Associate
It's been a while I put a backplate on a Vega (we've got a Red Devil and a Sapphire here, both under water) but from what I recall the backplate doesn't seem to do a heck of a lot as it doesn't make much contact with the board. So you're probably okay without.

Back
Top Bottom