** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

Associate
I’ve been using them for over a decade and they’ve always been great - even honoured a warranty claim for me that the manufacturer (Creative) didn’t.

This was unfortunate but won’t change anything for me, I will continue using them. Also, it’s the same with their competitors too. They just don’t have a forum for everyone to openly voice their frustrations.

No, it's not like their competitors. No one else is taking pre-orders AND payment for an item they can't possibly deliver for months upon months.

Associate
Perhaps only a few thousand 2080's ever sold at launch and nvidia thought they only needed to keep those customers happy:D.
I bet manufacturers have stock in abundance, this just creates hype and pushes the price up without any backlash

Soldato
There's been insider knowledge all along that supply will relax end of October and the thousands and thousands of cards will flow making any ebay purchaser feel foolish and wasteful given that 2080ti gives practically the same performance upto 1440p. Don't get reamed, these cards and the 20gb version will be sat on the store unpurchased at under £800 next month folks. (slight edit the 20gb version will be £949)

Associate
I do appreciate that Overclockers recent update on the situation with the instructions to cancel if you aren't satisfied with holding on to a pre-order.

My problem is I checked out with Paypal because Amazon Pay wasn't working. The website crashed on me when I hit the submit order button every time using Amazon Pay. This was Thursday at around 10:30PM BST

Submitting the order with Paypal successfully went through and there is pending charge on my card. I never recieved a follow up email from Overclockers with confirmation with my order number. Only the confirmation email from Paypal. My account at Overclockers does not show any orders placed under "My Orders" either so I don't know if my order went through or not.

In order to cancel an order at Overclockers you need to fill out a form with your order number. I don't have an order number. Only an Invoice ID and Transaction ID from the Paypal email. So without my order number I holding on the chances that something is happening, but if I get to the point that I decide to cancel, then it is necessary for me to get the order number so I can free up the funds being held up on my CC via Paypal.

Associate
There's been insider knowledge all along that supply will relax end of October and the thousands and thousands of cards will flow making any ebay purchaser feel foolish and wasteful given that 2080ti gives practically the same performance upto 1440p. Don't get reamed, these cards and the 20gb version will be sat on the store unpurchased at under £800 next month folks. (slight edit the 20gb version will be £949)

What's your source on this "insider knowledge"?

Associate
Can you check if the power limit slider is blocked on this card? Gamers nexus said you can't add more power.

Hopefully Viscolex will confirm for you, but I'd imagine GN are correct. The Gaming OC is a 2x 8 Pin card, so the max power draw for it is 375w and seeing as the tests are showing these things drawing 340-350w I doubt they'd let you try and pull much more.

Associate
I think I've settle on the Asus TUF OC. So according to Gibbo, stock for that will come some time next week.

It will probably be a better outlook of the situation overall in October and maybe November. Sure the demand will be high but as the dust settles and production along with stock / inventory can normalize, it's with some hope that folks can sooner get their hands on the cards they want.

Back
Top Bottom