Does anybody here use AMS File Transfer and knows a bit about it?

Man of Honour
Recently we have had this thrown on us and it is something I asked for about 8 years ago.
I've got to admit it is brilliant and already proved to be successful.

My/our problem is that even though it looks like we can do it, I can't find any way of dragging & dropping folders to it with files inside them.
If I drag the folder only the files inside it upload and there is nothing on the page or in our settings profile where anything can be ticked to include folders.
Last week I discovered I hadn't got enough upload assigned to me and I was set on 500mb, the files I was trying to upload totaled 7gb and that was eventually changed by Admin to 10gb.

We are only using the Web version of the software and using a Web Sharefile software we use with another company, that accepts folders.

Could the folders problem be an Admin setting?

Soldato
Recently we have had this thrown on us and it is something I asked for about 8 years ago.
I've got to admit it is brilliant and already proved to be successful.

My/our problem is that even though it looks like we can do it, I can't find any way of dragging & dropping folders to it with files inside them.
If I drag the folder only the files inside it upload and there is nothing on the page or in our settings profile where anything can be ticked to include folders.
Last week I discovered I hadn't got enough upload assigned to me and I was set on 500mb, the files I was trying to upload totaled 7gb and that was eventually changed by Admin to 10gb.

We are only using the Web version of the software and using a Web Sharefile software we use with another company, that accepts folders.

Could the folders problem be an Admin setting?

No, it will be a legacy architecture or unsupported browser that will be causing the issue probably. OneDrive was the same when it first appeared on the scene, and it wasn't until it became HTML5 compliant that a whole folder could be uploaded. OOI have you tried mapping a drive (as a URL) to the web folder? You might be surprised to find it works (if it's a credential/password scenario)

Back
Top Bottom