Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [19th - 21st Sep 2020]

Soldato
Really flat, slow, turgid performance but good to grind out a win off of only a few chances. Leno looks really rusty but trying to remember last year he was pretty much the best player most weeks, saving things left right and centre.

As far as Eddie goes, either he makes it or he gets sold for a tidy sum, which is what you’d want from your youth system.

Caporegime
From the Arsenal and Man utd games, could someone explain the handball rule, and the difference between Gabriel and Lindelöf :confused:

Especially when you look at the penalty decision against Pogba. Pogba was fouled but because the defender wasn't looking and it looked unintentional it wasn't given. Lindelof wasn't intentional but it was given. It really does need looking into regardless of what the law states.

Man of Honour
Our performance yesterday was a disgrace. Every player was poor.

Every summer we have the same transfer garbage and most of them come to nothing.

We had to strengthen and it doesn’t look like we will.

Man Utd are done as a top level club as it stands, there’s no point blaming the pandemic as the Glazers have siphoned off hundreds of millions.

We have a squad where half of the players aren’t good enough and a manager who is just not great, so needs players to carry the team as Bruno did last season.

Woeful.

Caporegime
Our performance yesterday was a disgrace. Every player was poor.

Every summer we have the same transfer garbage and most of them come to nothing.

We had to strengthen and it doesn’t look like we will.

Man Utd are done as a top level club as it stands, there’s no point blaming the pandemic as the Glazers have siphoned off hundreds of millions.

We have a squad where half of the players aren’t good enough and a manager who is just not great, so needs players to carry the team as Bruno did last season.

Woeful.

It's better to accept the fact now rather than later. United can only live off their past fortunes for so long. Eventually the money will dry up and hopefully the Glazers will sell the carcass to someone who cares. We are just going to be Liverpool and Arsenal of the last twenty years. Winning the odd cup here and there.

I absolutely love Ole and I think his gameplay and strategy is spot on. The whole backroom staff on the other hands needs clearing out. Fergie always used the best coaches around him. Oles are just weak and it will be his downfall if he doesn't change them as the performance is just so up and down and little to no consistancy.

I also don't buy the lack of pre season. Man City were exactly the same and I bet they will blow their match out of the water.

It is also discusting how much the players are on and due to that we cannot offload them. Why hasn't Romero been sold? Smalling, Jones, Lingard, Andreas. Get rid of the lot but we cannot because their wages will not be matched.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's better to accept the fact now rather than later. United can only live off their past fortunes for so long. Eventually the money will dry up and hopefully the Glazers will sell the carcass to someone who cares. We are just going to be Liverpool and Arsenal of the last twenty years. Winning the odd cup here and there.

I absolutely love Ole and I think his gameplay and strategy is spot on. The whole backroom staff on the other hands needs clearing out. Fergie always used the best coaches around him. Oles are just weak and it will be his downfall if he doesn't change them as the performance is just so up and down and little to no consistancy.

I also don't buy the lack of pre season. Man City were exactly the same and I bet they will blow their match out of the water.

It is also discusting how much the players are on and due to that we cannot offload them. Why hasn't Romero been sold? Smalling, Jones, Lingard, Andreas. Get rid of the lot but we cannot because their wages will not be matched.
What's Ole's strategy? Three fast forwards and Fernandes. It's not exactly mind blowing

Back
Top Bottom