• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who's waiting for the 3090 and which brand are you getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
If the leaked benchmarks are anywhere close to accurate, I'll keep my 3080 pre-order and see what AMD have to offer. I don't think there'll be any danger of my pre-order arriving before then anyway. :p

Man of Honour
If the leaked benchmarks are anywhere close to accurate, I'll keep my 3080 pre-order and see what AMD have to offer. I don't think there'll be any danger of my pre-order arriving before then anyway. :p

Those leaked benchmarks look very dodgy.

I think the 3090 will be about 20% faster than a 3080 @2160p.

Soldato
Anyone with any sense would:)
May do that too depending on how this week goes, but realistically I don't think they've got a chance. If can get close to like for like performance with RT and DLSS off that may be enough for some. Then again, second gen on 7nm so maybe can pull some magic out but I doubt it. I put them at 2 years behind NV on the overall package a while ago so that's a lot of ground to cover since last release

Last edited:
Soldato
The Titan is just a 3090 with 48GB vram

I think you're not far off. If AMD can compete I don't think we'll see a Titan at all. Nvidia do not want to risk their halo card getting beaten and as you say other than adding more VRAM there didn't appear to be anywhere to go. It makes the reason for the, relative, drop in pricing very clear. I'm really interested to see what AMD do in response.

Soldato
I'm toying with the idea of getting the 3090. I've got the money now and next year when I build a new rig it means I won't need the shell out the money for one then, at the moment it will largely be wasted on my 1440p but I do plan on going 4k. I do however want to start doing a lot more video editing and I'm hoping it would increase the speed of this and also the quality of my stream slightly over my current 1080ti. A friend recently went to a 2080 super and his stream quality is so much clearer now.

I kind of would want 20% over a 3080 though. If not then I might just hold on and save the money and keep my 3080 pre order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom