• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Official Zotac rep underfire on Reddit with regards to the 1 - 3 % lower performance..

Associate
I've pre ordered one because of the 5 year warrenty more than anything. A couple fps here and there doesn't really bother me tbh. Yeah it sucks a bit and if the situation was different and more cards were available to get ahold of I might have chosen another.

Associate
Is it a surprise? The FE needed beefy cooler and is already at the power limit. Therefore AIB budget models might struggle with maintaining boosts.

Associate
I wondering what this means in real terms. 3-4 FPS performance at 140fps. It's not going to be noticeable with Gsync but still a kick in the teeth when the pricing doesn't reflect a lesser product.

Associate
I wondering what this means in real terms. 3-4 FPS performance at 140fps. It's not going to be noticeable with Gsync but still a kick in the teeth when the pricing doesn't reflect a lesser product.
It's weird. There are several videos showing the Zotac outperform the FE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzffj_vK5Qk&ab_channel=TheSpyHood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY5owidolac

The thing is though, even if the performance drop off is so small and inconsequential. It doesn't matter that the card has a great warranty, looks really good and runs quiet. If it gets the reputation of being the 'slowest 3080' then that is going to hurt your sales bigtime. They absolutely will up the limits with a bios update. It would be crazy not to.

Last edited:
Soldato
Pre reviews I was saying the Trinity looked the best buy at £649 (I said the price would go go though) mainly due to the 5 year warranty, build quality and looks.

As soon as I watched the first review of it and it turned out to be a lemon (and by design!), it instantly dropped from my radar.

The Asus 3080 TUF is the one to go for, and if I had a Trinity on preorder, I'd be cancelling it pronto.

If I was of those who actually received one, I'd be crying into my beer.

Soldato
Pre reviews I was saying the Trinity looked the best buy at £649 (I said the price would go go though) mainly due to the 5 year warranty, build quality and looks.

As soon as I watched the first review of it and it turned out to be a lemon (and by design!), it instantly dropped from my radar.

The Asus 3080 TUF is the one to go for, and if I had a Trinity on preorder, I'd be cancelling it pronto.

If I was of those who actually received one, I'd be crying into my beer.

Turns out the MSI Ventus can't even go past 100 percent power limit so even more gimped than this Zotac, I've got it on order, I want to cancel but then I have no GPU for my desktop and want it up and running, can't decided if I cancel of I could still secure another order on a TUF and have it same time as this MSI would arrive. Sea of tears here :(

Soldato
Turns out the MSI Ventus can't even go past 100 percent power limit so even more gimped than this Zotac, I've got it on order, I want to cancel but then I have no GPU for my desktop and want it up and running, can't decided if I cancel of I could still secure another order on a TUF and have it same time as this MSI would arrive. Sea of tears here :(

It's a pretty poor move from Zotac.

I wonder if they or care just how much damage something like this can do to their reputation.
Due to a great past experience with a Zotac card, every time I look to buy a new card, Zotac is at the top of my list.

Not any more.

It looks increasingly like there isn't much left under the hood in OC terms with the 3080, so Zotac self admittedly gimp the Trinity to make it look better compared to their more expensive offerings.

Shameful practice.

I know one thing for sure, if you buy that card, you will have buyers remorse for every single waking minute, and probably a few sleeping ones too!

Every time you use it, you'll feel despair deeper than the pits of hell, because you know you bought a gimped card, and that you knew it was gimped even as you shelled out your hard earned for it.

Permabanned
5 year warranty more than makes up for 1% loss compared to FE on these cards. Remember this is not the AMP edition.

I plan on undervolting my TUF OC when it shows up to keep the room temps down.

Associate
OP
5 year warranty more than makes up for 1% loss compared to FE on these cards. Remember this is not the AMP edition.

I plan on undervolting my TUF OC when it shows up to keep the room temps down.

1 to 3 percent, no company should nerf a card to make their other cards in the range look better... Very bad practice, that will hit resale value too on the 2nd user market, the Zotac will be classed as the one to avoid.

Permabanned
Totally not the point.

Show me where I mentioned FPS in my posts.

You keep referring to a gimped card. How else do you think that would present itself?

1 to 3 percent, no company should nerf a card to make their other cards in the range look better... Very bad practice, that will hit resale value too on the 2nd user market, the Zotac will be classed as the one to avoid.

I think the rep should be looking for another job with his explanation. Having a greater warranty than the competition with an un-noticeable reduction in performance doesn't appear that bad. This is the cheap version of a series that runs hot remember.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom