The Division 2 - March 2019

V F

V F

Soldato
A lot of them will hide out and wait for players to unload their gear in the extraction points. That's what the Dark Zone has become.
Then deconstruct their loot.

They're only there for camping kills. I've seen many occasions where players enter the dark zone to then get foamed and mauled down at the gate. Or that purple oxidizer crap that's instant death.

Soldato
I've given up doing anything in the DZ solo now, every time lately I get mauled by a clan working as a foursome, mic'd up. Totally pointless and frustrating to say the least.

DZ is not fun and basically useless solo, it's nowt but campers and cheats. Cheats that they never do anything about. I stood watching one guy the other day just firing into the air and getting kills. And if you report them via the in game tool nothing happens and you get your posts deleted if you report them on the official forums. It's almost as if they want the cheats to stay in order to bolster the numbers of players they claim play in the DZ.

Soldato
Is there something special in the DZ to really go after? Good gear is plenty in the SP, replaying some main mission on the latest difficulty (even with other players), can drop some nice stuff. I don't see DZ anything more than a PvP area which ain't that fun, as the combat system is too clumsy and not fluid enough.

V F

V F

Soldato
Only certain hard to get named pieces some people chase in the DZ but most just go to camp/flank newer players trying out the DZ.

Soldato
Can someone help me out with the shepearding system please?

What does it mean when I'm endorsed by a player? What do I need to do to collect(?) the endorsement?

And once we've overcome whatever it is they needed a hand with, what are my options then and how do I go about getting back to solo play?

TIA.

V F

V F

Soldato
Can someone help me out with the shepearding system please?

What does it mean when I'm endorsed by a player? What do I need to do to collect(?) the endorsement?

And once we've overcome whatever it is they needed a hand with, what are my options then and how do I go about getting back to solo play?

TIA.

It's an automatic system now. You get automatically endorsed after gaining enough xp during the mission. If you're still in the same group or rather the party leader that you joined from backup, you'll get endorsement XP boosts.

There will be matchmaking for discovery mode when it is out. Other than that no.

The discovery mode in Iron Horse sadly wont be giving you the full mechanics as you would experience the full raid. They're apparently cutting a lot of things out.

Soldato
Cheers, @V F .

That explains the mysterious XP boosts I was getting while helping. When I first answered the call (I didn't check what kind of call it was) I think he was battling another player. Is that a possibility? Anyway, I took out an NPC (red triangle) that had him pinned down which I think confused the other guy into breaking cover, leaving him open to the chap I was helping, and that was that.

We went on to do a couple of other things for 45 mins or so and I went from low lvl 7 to lvl 8, which was surprisingly quick.

What's the crack with ending a sheperding session? Are there any rules of etiquette?

V F

V F

Soldato
What's the crack with ending a sheperding session? Are there any rules of etiquette?

Not really. I always leave the mission unless I'm asking them what else you want to do. Farm more of the mission for the targeted loot, control points etc?

I remember one time I answered a backup call and was with them for a good few hours. Same whole group and all. Once I was full I told them I had to leave for inventory management and it was great fun.
One of the guns I'm still rocking from that encounter is the Burnout named Famas. I've never had an upgrade of that since. It was nearly a triple god roll.

There is also a badge reward for your time for shepherding.

Soldato
Hah, there's a lot to this isn't there? (I had to google "god roll", lol).

I think I'll just keep plodding on. I'm sure it'll all fall into place at some point. :D

Thanks again.

V F

V F

Soldato
It can be a rough ride the first time if everyone doesn't know much about it. I've seen it turn into 4+ hours with them thinking it'll be done in a few hours. The 2nd and 3rd area can become quite complex.

A lot of read outs and timing of dials and pressures to control. If also done too fast, it's a fail. As well as too late.

Soldato
Meanwhile in the cheap seats... :D

I finally ditched my trusty old lvl3 ~2.4k damage semi auto shotgun last night, in favour of a similar lvl 8 one with over 4k damage. Very handy if I get rushed or flanked.

My stash is filling up fast so I'll need to work out what to do with it all soon.

Soldato
I'm taking an overdue break from the game until TU11 arrives and the changes filter through to the gamers. I'm tired of whole crap loot vs time thing now, and its obvious that any fun in the game just gets nerfed to the ground. Logged on a few days ago, did a few Heroic CP's and missions then went back to the White House to look at my loot - all rainbow crap, which has been my experience since TU9. Tired of it.

V F

V F

Soldato
I'm taking an overdue break from the game until TU11 arrives and the changes filter through to the gamers. I'm tired of whole crap loot vs time thing now, and its obvious that any fun in the game just gets nerfed to the ground. Logged on a few days ago, did a few Heroic CP's and missions then went back to the White House to look at my loot - all rainbow crap, which has been my experience since TU9. Tired of it.

How are you getting so much rainbow loot? I've had some triple god roll rainbows but my inventory and stash is about 95% full of triple reds and guns. With some others near max that I'm still chasing. Trying to squeeze more crit damage out of my AR/SMG and rifle builds. I'm needing another 5% - 6% that is missing from my gear.
Hovering between 191 - 193% dependant on the parts I put on with 53% chc with Coyote's Mask.

Rifle build is sitting at 60%chc with 202% critical hit damage. Some pieces to finalize would get it above 210% or so as I've never gotten good Fox Prayer's yet.

Only last night I nearly got my completed triple god rolled Famas 2010. It was 1% away from triple god roll with 9% damage to target out of cover. As much as I love Burnout, I hate the talent it has on it. I think my Burnout has 7% or 8% damage to target out of cover.

I've seen that Famas from last nights run hit over 1 million per bullet but it isn't consistent.

Back
Top Bottom