• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI 3080 Ventus 3X OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Ive also preordered this card at MSRP @ 14.04 on release day. if i had payed more than that, which they are asking for now i would be a bit miffed.
Overlooking seems to make little real world difference anyway so im still looking forwards to receiving it. Soon i hope...

Associate
OP
There is a benchmark of this card at 3440x1440 hitting 82c with the gpu using 97% i though it should flat line at 100%?
Case used is corsair X570 which I have no experience with I'm using a lian li dynamic xl with 10 120mm fans Including the 3 on my aoi.
Any comments as I have this on pre order

Tbh my gaming X trio 2080ti hit 80 degrees at stock all the time.

Soldato
Have I paid the most for this card than anyone at 730?

Keep us posted with results any of yous that gets yours. Hopefully maybe a bios mod or something might come out at some point as in theory the card should be able to go more than 100 of power limit surely.

I'd probably opt for a more aggressive fan curve as I'm not demanding silence

Associate
OP

Keep us posted with results any of yous that gets yours. Hopefully maybe a bios mod or something might come out at some point as in theory the card should be able to go more than 100 of power limit surely.

I paid 685. Same. I will be amending the fan curve as I don't mind noise as much as heat.

Associate

Yeah but with those temps at stock settings we're seeing would you really want to make it even hotter by upping the power limit?

Got mine in at 14:45 for £650, any more I would cancel as its looking like one of the worse 3080s.

Associate
If you're planning to keep the card then I'd consider putting some thermal grizzly on it, maybe replace the fans with quieter ones and add a manual fan curve to get the most out of it.

Associate
I've ordered one of these, however I am slightly regretting getting it over the TUF version, the build quality/materials just don't seem to be as good. That being said I ordered one at £650 so at that price point I guess I can't really complain. (ordered at 15:27 on release day). As I was upgrading from a 4670k & 7950 I went and purchased a 1650 super while I wait... and wow what a difference haha.

Soldato
Hoping my case will be favourable as it's quite airy inside . Got a Phantek evolve case as seen on my insta

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-ReX5Xgrci/?igshid=7308imckbwqi

QUOTE="greatash, post: 33960815, member: 152049"]Yeah but with those temps at stock settings we're seeing would you really want to make it even hotter by upping the power limit?

Got mine in at 14:45 for £650, any more I would cancel as its looking like one of the worse 3080s.[/QUOTE]

Be tempted to AIO mine if they become available.

Associate
Having looked at the videos and reviews I don't think it's that bad if you have good airflow and have no intention of overclocking it.

So the performance difference appears to be 1-2% of the founders edition? And if you can keep it below 75c with a max fan speed of 80% are you going to hear it when playing a game?
I play with headphones so should be a non issue and it only cost £650.

Associate
So the performance difference appears to be 1-2% of the founders edition? And if you can keep it below 75c with a max fan speed of 80% are you going to hear it when playing a game?
I play with headphones so should be a non issue and it only cost £650.
its very bad compared to others like the TUF which does 60c at 50% fan speed. some of us will also be using these 3080s on a TV so loud is not really acceptable.. 75c also will heat up the room fairly quickly, in the summer you can add 5c or more onto that too.

Soldato
Yeah but with those temps at stock settings we're seeing would you really want to make it even hotter by upping the power limit?

Got mine in at 14:45 for £650, any more I would cancel as its looking like one of the worse 3080s.
its very bad compared to others like the TUF which does 60c at 50% fan speed. some of us will also be using these 3080s on a TV so loud is not really acceptable.. 75c also will heat up the room fairly quickly, in the summer you can add 5c or more onto that too.

Regardless of whatever 3080 you get they'll all heat your room up as much for the same power, it'll product the same heat, just one cooler may be more efficient than another at keeping the GPU cool, but all that hear goes somewhere (your room)

Associate
There are a lot of conflicting reports around, I wouldn't drop out with my 'pre-order' (£649 from a site beginning with S) until its had a review under more controlled conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom