• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Payment Taken with No Stock?

ne0

ne0

Associate
I'm on LG48CX and I agree with Simon. People need to understand that the sliders are there to turn down, not up. That's the advantage with PC gaming; if all we had to do was bang all the sliders to max then why have them in the first place?

But what if someone doesn't want any compromises?

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I'm on LG48CX and I agree with Simon. People need to understand that the sliders are there to turn down, not up. That's the advantage with PC gaming; if all we had to do was bang all the sliders to max then why have them in the first place?

It appears some here have a mental breakdown if they can't max settings and sliders, despite the difference between the top setting and the one below not making any discernible difference to image quality 99% of the time.

I bet the vast majority of gamers wouldn't be able to tell in a side by side test which one was running at everything max, and which one was turned down a couple of settings.

ne0

ne0

Associate
TBH if I was ok with turning sliders down I'd game on a console. I play on PC because I don't want to compromise on my gaming experience but that's just me.

This is a big bug bear with me when I see people that just want to max out every slider, back in the day that would make a massive visual difference, but in today's games you can really trim your settings and gain a ton of performance without loosing much fidelity at all.

Soldato
This is a big bug bear with me when I see people that just want to max out every slider, back in the day that would make a massive visual difference, but in today's games you can really trim your settings and gain a ton of performance without loosing much fidelity at all.
To be fair it does depend on the games and the settings.

High end cards are for people who just want to game and don't want to faff around with optimising settings...essentially maximum performance, almost console style plug and play but at higher fidelity levels.
It does depend on the game though, some games have pretty major hits on different settings levels, but sometimes the things burning performance can be optimised as above a certain level you won't notice much difference unless playing on a big screen/high resolution. All about balance. Sometimes its the things you least expect burning performance too...what was it in HZD, clouds? :D
Other times though you really do need to juggle as reducing settings looks like hot garbage and you have to balance what looks best to your eye.

Hell I have an overclocked 2080 Max P laptop (so 2070 Super/2080 performance) and I still tweak like anything; some people just want to plug in and play though, and if they can afford that, then there choice. I personally like having the power AND getting a good balance :)

Also flies like a demon for older games I still play!

Soldato
High end cards are for people who just want to game and don't want to faff around with optimising settings...essentially maximum performance, almost console style plug and play

That's the point I was making to the chap earlier who was slightly hard of thinking. If you want to plug in the fastest GPU and crank all the settings up, then you're pretty much just emulating the console experience with more powerful hardware. The advantage with PC gaming is that you can amend individual settings to meet individual taste and hardware requirements.

Associate
Have you looked at the wattage existing cards are pulling? There's really not much left in the tank, Cap'n.

With the first wave of standard PCB cards I totally agree with you, my thought's behind the later Aorus xtream is they are building the card properly not just rushing out a card like the Eagle to have market share.
The Eagle is a fine card from reviews but it's not designed to be over clocked or with the best AIB binned parts available, where the over priced card I have paid for does, it also has a purpose designed PCB and the power delivery because Aorus have taken the extra time, the limit currently on power draw is purley bios related.

In fact I would think the best reason to delay for the larger Vram 3080's is not the extra Vram but the more mature PCB and BIOS that will allow further headroom with clocks.
In my mind the extra £200 I have paid for the still in design phase Aorus Xtreme is for a more mature designed card with huge cooling and thus giving clocks in line or dam close to a 3090 for £200 more not £700, if you get my thinking? Right or wrong time will tell.

Associate
That’s pretty poor from OC

Yes pretty bummed out truth be told, I get it's busy but customer service clearly has broken down in my particular circumstance, didn't even ask for a queue jump or anything just to find out my place to see if its even going to be a thing with more upcoming surgery and Chemotherapy I may be better off letting someone else have my spot in the queue for that card, IDK.

Associate
Just had the "Order Update - OUT OF STOCK ITEM(S)" email.

I'm not someone that needs the item right now (was miffed that £10 shipping was the cheapest option).
But why on earth have OCUK taken payment of an item they didn't have at the time, or even know when they will have this in?
Payment on Dispatch should be the process, why am I giving you my money to hold and earn interest on for weeks, maybe even over a month?

This in addition to the ever increasing price tick ups on the cards is putting OCUK on par with the bots and scalpers.

Thats why gibbo drives a ferrari and you dont.

Couple that with the insane price gouge due to, cough, currency fluctuations, cough.

#oneborneveryminute.

Best way to beat it, shop elsewhere.

Associate
But this thread is a bit futile, there will be some who agree one way and the other, neither is wrong is the problem.

All threads are futile, you can vent some stress as you feel necessary but ultimately it won't change anything. Maybe some morale support from decent people but that's your lot unfortunately.

Everyone is a consumer now, there are no customers any more...

Back
Top Bottom