Oh to picking a monitor.. A few choices

Associate
Hey everyone

Looking to get a second monitor that I want to use as my primary gaming monitor with my Dell SD2719DGF 27" becoming my second monitor to use for OBS, streaming chat etc.

Like most, I am torn between several monitors and getting frustrated as after looking at some of the ones I like, a good read of some of the reviews and it seems to be a level of pot luck on whether the monitor you get will be decent off the factory line or a ball ache of back and forth because it has issues!

I contemplated getting another SD27, but I am thinking I would like to try a different panel type and/or a different size. The type of games I play is a mix of city-building games, survival crafting games, occasional FPS, so a bit of a mix

Budget is around £600 but flexible.. These are ones I am considering at the moment but welcome any thoughts on which of these would be better and/or will consider any other contenders I have overlooked

• Samsung Odyssey G7 27"/32" - Seeing lots of GC issues on the forums so far, so hesitant to drop money on these
  • LG 27GL850-B - Contrast and the black uniformity is not so great
  • Dell S3220DF - Not sure about curved monitors, never used before. But it's a Dell and should look ok with my existing monitor
  • Dell SD2721DGF - Contrast and the black uniformity is not so great but should sit well with my existing monitor
  • Viewsonic Elite XG270GC - No HDR support

Thanks in advance for any and all support and advice

Help me Overclockers forum members, you're my only hope :)

Associate
Making researchs for myself as well, in your list, I like the Dell SD2721DGF and S3220DGF.

As for th uw, my actual choices, after having compared all we can have on the market :

- Gigabyte G34WQC (cheap but not enough reviews yet - it is gsync comp. compared to other low costs va UW)
- LG 34GN850 (more expensive and I do not like their cs)
- Dell Alienware AW3420DW (older and still expensive but dell garantie)

I also like the 38 version :

- LG 38GN850 (expensive and same for garantie)
- NEW 38 Dell to be released, waiting

For those last 2, when I see the price, I also consider the TV LG OLED CX 48.

Associate
It is an excellent choice. It has a very good price on dell France. But if you are not from France then maybe a bit more expensive

Back
Top Bottom