UserBenchmark GPU Sphere test fails every time - clean install

Associate
So I've had my new Ryzen build for about a week or so now, which means I've got a new CPU, Motherboard and Ram. Everything else is the same as before. I've been trying to run UserBenchmark to gauge how my system compares with others and my old system (3570k), but it seems to really really hate the GPU Sphere test.

It runs fine at first - it starts the arm spinning around the sphere, then it just fails for seemingly no reason. I've never seen this before and I've not changed my GPU (GTX 970) or any of its settings.

As I did a CPU & motherboard update, I've got a fresh install of Windows with barely anything on it still. I've read that overlay applications can cause problems, so I've disabled the Nvidia overlay, I've made sure Steam/Afterburner/RTSS etc. are all closed. Everything is closed except the bog standard windows services and drivers.

Any idea where else I could look for this? It's driving me nuts! it's the Sphere test every. single. time.

Soldato
Its one of the MSI apps / utilities that you have loaded - cant recall what the name is - took me ages to figure it out.

I just uninstalled the unnecessary MSI guff and it worked a treat after that

Nope, never resolved this, I gave up in the end...

Yep, MSI X470 Gaming Plus. My GPU is also MSI, flashed and OC'd but never had a problem before and never had stability issues with it.

Associate
OP
Its one of the MSI apps / utilities that you have loaded - cant recall what the name is - took me ages to figure it out.

I just uninstalled the unnecessary MSI guff and it worked a treat after that
All I've got is Afterburner, which I had completely closed as I read that overlays can cause issues - Closed Afterburner/Steam/Discord, everything with an overlay.

Back
Top Bottom