• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Why would you not keep your place in the queue but also grab a GPU when you see a random re-stock elsewhere. You don't need to get a refund and lose your place to do this.

Because I understand that not everyone's arse is lined with diamonds where they can throw out thousands of pounds while waiting to see if stock appears elsewhere. They would need to cancel, wait for money to go back into their account then pick up the card in stock. That >>>--process-->>> might be enough to lose it to someone else. I'm in no way saying that's the ONLY option. It's a mere observation. If you're happy to keep your place in the queue, and go look for another one, then of course that's another good option to follow if you have the cash and flexibility to do so.

Associate
I checked It dude all digits where correct before I placed them In chose the correct card as well, I feel OcUK just need to make an official queue positions page at this point to allow people to see if they have a need to cancel orders or not.

Associate
@KentMan

First of all, at least try and be civil here, rather than being argumentative and assuming.

Also somewhat confused about why anyone would defend OCUK in this situation. I run an unrelated online company, if I were to do the following, I would expect the same backlash and criticism OCUK are receiving;

1 - inflating prices at checkout
2 - stating delivery windows that are impossible to meet
3 - poor communication to those who are looking to buy right now
4 - taking payment and holding funds potentially for months

It is important to note that 1 and 4 are not only very poor practice and without taking a deeper look, I'd imagine bordering on breaking the consumer rights act 2015.

Ahh i can see you like a lot of other entitled whiners are new here..

Most people posting on OCUK forums know exactly what to expect using OCUK shop.

Quite often they are not the cheapest, were used to their price hikes, and @Gibbo tries to be as open as possible regarding stock etc.

With regards to them taking payment up front, i and many others have zero issue with this, as it means they dont have to deal with the many clowns who try a scatter gun approach to getting what they want, by pre ordering from multiple sites and cancelling etc.

Again the blame is solely Nvidia but you seem unable to fathom this, like many other of the herd here you got conned by the "Better than 2080ti for £600" tripe that Nvidia pedaled, of course its somewhat true as it is indeed faster and the limited units they will sell of FE from their webstore will allow them to preach that, however in the real world we understand this is again just another case of Nvidias shady business practices.

Announce at one price, ensure global stock is sufficiently low enough to drive demand, claim said demand has exceeded expectations and crashed websites etc, thus creating a FOMO hivemind, sit back and cackle as you then increase prices and watch the zombie horde swarm over your lackluster products.

Even more hilarious is the many AIB that are actually worse performance than the FE, the ridiculous overpriced 3090 which is only marginally faster and the fact the cards appear to be mostly at their absolute limit with no performance increases left on the table to squeeze out if them.

So apologies if i appear to be laughing hysterically at you and the other drones on here crying, but we have seen it before with the previous launch and we knew it was going to be worse this time round.

But blaming OCUK for doing business things on their business site is laughable at best, they are doing what is right for them as a business, if you dont like it, i suggest you use one if the many other online retailers and suck it up buttercup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom