• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Are you factoring in payment times as well? Some people may have ordered at the same time but depending on payment type their order may have processed faster or slower

Associate
Are you factoring in payment times as well? Some people may have ordered at the same time but depending on payment type their order may have processed faster or slower

That is a good point then again I think the queue would be based upon order number

Trying to use the calculator, but all i get is -
Code:
Unable to connect: WebSocket closed before we got READY
Please try again later.

Give it a go now just updated it

Associate

I'd have thought at this stage with majority of payments processed and no stock to fulfil the orders that it would from this point on be by order number not payment time... But that's just how I'd do it so maybe OC do it by whoever pays first

Associate

Im not too sure if payment type actually effects the order number, I ordered at 15:19 with amazon pay (wasn't confirmed until 2AM) and my order number seems inline with others that ordered at the same time as me.

Associate
I'd have thought at this stage with majority of payments processed and no stock to fulfil the orders that it would from this point on be by order number not payment time... But that's just how I'd do it so maybe OC do it by whoever pays first

I would imagine stock is allocated at payment rather than order, otherwise if you have an issue with payment you will end up with stock allocated but cant be sent etc.

Would imagine orders are first come first served once payment is sufficiently taken

Associate
I would imagine stock is allocated at payment rather than order, otherwise if you have an issue with payment you will end up with stock allocated but cant be sent etc.

Would imagine orders are first come first served once payment is sufficiently taken

Yeah I can see the sense in that alright...

Permabanned

Based on submissions the order numbers were in line with the time stamps, so payment processing was not a factor for the order numbers

Associate
Based on submissions the order numbers were in line with the time stamps, so payment processing was not a factor for the order numbers

I think what he was saying is that, if for example you have orders #25 and #50 (with 25 happening first) but #50's payment processes before #25, that if you had stock, you would allocate the stock to #50 as it has paid, rather than #25 which hasn't yet paid

Associate
Ahh i can see you like a lot of other entitled whiners are new here..

Most people posting on OCUK forums know exactly what to expect using OCUK shop.

Quite often they are not the cheapest, were used to their price hikes, and @Gibbo tries to be as open as possible regarding stock etc.

With regards to them taking payment up front, i and many others have zero issue with this, as it means they dont have to deal with the many clowns who try a scatter gun approach to getting what they want, by pre ordering from multiple sites and cancelling etc.

Again the blame is solely Nvidia but you seem unable to fathom this, like many other of the herd here you got conned by the "Better than 2080ti for £600" tripe that Nvidia pedaled, of course its somewhat true as it is indeed faster and the limited units they will sell of FE from their webstore will allow them to preach that, however in the real world we understand this is again just another case of Nvidias shady business practices.

Announce at one price, ensure global stock is sufficiently low enough to drive demand, claim said demand has exceeded expectations and crashed websites etc, thus creating a FOMO hivemind, sit back and cackle as you then increase prices and watch the zombie horde swarm over your lackluster products.

Even more hilarious is the many AIB that are actually worse performance than the FE, the ridiculous overpriced 3090 which is only marginally faster and the fact the cards appear to be mostly at their absolute limit with no performance increases left on the table to squeeze out if them.

So apologies if i appear to be laughing hysterically at you and the other drones on here crying, but we have seen it before with the previous launch and we knew it was going to be worse this time round.

But blaming OCUK for doing business things on their business site is laughable at best, they are doing what is right for them as a business, if you dont like it, i suggest you use one if the many other online retailers and suck it up buttercup

OcUK absolutely does some things that many consider anti consumer. People are entitled to voice an opinion. You're absolutely right that you should check out a company somewhat before going into a purchase. That doesn't make some of their business practices anything other than shady. And no, there wasn't an indication it was going to be any worse than the the 20** launch, they were supposed to have "plenty" of stock when they had barely any. Stop being captain hindsight.

Edit : Granted, no pyramids of graphics cards appeared this time and they love waving those pyramids around close to release times. There was also a lack of the ridiculous wink posts. I did wonder if that meant they had hardly any cards at the time I must admit.

Permabanned
I think what he was saying is that, if for example you have orders #25 and #50 (with 25 happening first) but #50's payment processes before #25, that if you had stock, you would allocate the stock to #50 as it has paid, rather than #25 which hasn't yet paid

That's a fair point. The running assumption is that OC will use the order numbers to decide our position in the line. It could indeed be that they have an internal list that is based on processed payment times, but there is no way to know for sure until orders start being fulfilled.

Associate
That's a fair point. The running assumption is that OC will use the order numbers to decide our position in the line. It could indeed be that they have an internal list that is based on processed payment times, but there is no way to know for sure until orders start being fulfilled.

Some orders have been delivered already. Would be nice to see some order numbers and times for orders that have been delivered.

Soldato
Because I understand that not everyone's arse is lined with diamonds where they can throw out thousands of pounds while waiting to see if stock appears elsewhere. They would need to cancel, wait for money to go back into their account then pick up the card in stock. That >>>--process-->>> might be enough to lose it to someone else. I'm in no way saying that's the ONLY option. It's a mere observation. If you're happy to keep your place in the queue, and go look for another one, then of course that's another good option to follow if you have the cash and flexibility to do so.

You don't need a diamond lined arse to have 1 pre-order in and be able to put in another order if you see one actively in stock - you could have next to nothing in your bank account and be able to do that without having it cost you anything should you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom