• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Lol these trolls would have you believe you can’t game on a Ryzen system only 200fps compared to 230 at 1080p(lol)on a 3080 might as well chuck it in the bin.

In a blind test no way could they tell.

Only argument for Intel right now is if you enjoy overclocking

Intel have pretty much maxed out too...

Permabanned

This is a mistake by AMD - because these days all news are around Nvidia and many already bought RTX 3000 series without waiting for a new CPU to finish their build, or to wait for the new Radeons to see what's new there.

Absolute disaster from AMD. Dead gnome silence :(

Soldato
I wonder how long after the 8th we'll a) see full details of what is coming b) See reviews and benchmarks and c) be able to buy one!
I'm hoping the 8th will give us specifications and prices for the 5000 series. Internal benchmarks, with independent test results and public availability by the end of Oct.

Anyone got a link to video of the zen 2 launch?

Associate
This is because a Bugatti Veyron with quad-turbocharged 60° V12 engine will be equally fast with a 2.0-litre ordinary diesel engine when on a road with 60 MPH speed limit :laugh:

Meh. I see 4K gaming as the pinnacle, so looking at 1080p benchmarks feels pointless. Do you want 200fps or 205fps. Who cares? I'd rather lose some FPS at 1080p vs better overall system performance.

Soldato
Was t there stock issues for the high end 3000 parts for months? I’m not holding out any hope, especially at the moment.

People with good jobs are saving hundreds every month not commuting to the office. It’s all getting spent on home improvements and consumer electronics.

Soldato
Soldato
Although I maintain the numbering system isn't confusing in the least, I guess now is the perfect time to bring the numbering of the mobile parts closer to the desktop parts. Launching a new thousands range with Mobile in January then desktop parts middle of the year wasn't so bad, and despite the underlying arch being "behind", the Mobile APUs are still new compared to their predecessors, plus they must launch first in a new thousands range so they look forward-thinking in the eyes of OEMs; having mobile released at the end of a thousands series flips that over and look like a delayed afterthought, old tech that OEMs will feel they're then behind on, and won't invest in top-end designs and implementation. Rubbish optics if AMD is trying to break Intel's dominance in laptop and pre-build.

But with Zen 3 now launching almost an entire year behind the mobile APUs, skipping 4000 for desktop brings all product ranges into closer perceived parity. A new "Zen" launch can now be done as a solid barrage against all market sectors; server, desktop and mobile all landing en masse within a couple of months. This also preemptively solves the potential issue of desktop APUs landing on a different socket to desktop Ryzen despite being in the same thousands series.

I also get an inkling that there isn't going to be a 600 series chipset, rather instead a X570 refresh. I don't think there's anything "in" Zen 3 that warrants a new chipset, not that I can think of any new bells and whistles to drop onto the boards anyway. X570 was such a hodge podge slap together it was almost embarrassing, B550 was very late, and A520 has only just landed. With the extensive PCIe 4 reworking done in the TRX40 boards, vendors can do a better job with X570, and hopefully Asmedia have a proper PCH now so AMD don't have to use that reverse-engineered Zen 2 IO and drop the fan, if anything to stop idiots complaining about it. It is a shame though 5s across the board won't tie into AM5, but then why not just call the next socket AM6 :D

Now watch AMD screw this up and call the Zen 3 mobile APUs 6000 series :p

Permabanned
There is a need for X670 with the chipset made on the more progressive TSMC N7 node rather than the old and extremely power hungry and not appropriate GlobalFoundries' 12nm/14nm or whatever.
This will eliminate the need for active chipset cooling.

Soldato
red-dead-redemption-2-1920-1080.png
control-1920-1080.png
doom-eternal-1920-1080.png
hitman-2-1920-1080.png
battlefield-5-1920-1080.png

Not all engines are optimized properly for the Ryzen architecture, but that shouldn't be a problem going further since Ryzen is now in consoles.

Looking at the screens attached, difference is minimal and is more of an academic type.

PS: 5700XT beating 2080 Super in BF V @ 1080p is lol worthy.

Soldato
There is a need for X670 with the chipset made on the more progressive TSMC N7 node rather than the old and extremely power hungry and not appropriate GlobalFoundries' 12nm/14nm or whatever.
This will eliminate the need for active chipset cooling.
Making a new PCH and building an entirely new chipset are not the same thing (I know the terms are interchangeable, I'm just talking about that single chip). And AMD even went as far as backporting the IO die design to 16nm for X570. There's no need to go down to 7nm just to make a PCH chip if the chip is properly designed for purpose, of which the Zen 2 IO is not.

And do you really think it's a good idea to use 7nm for a new PCH when everybody's already saying AMD are wafer constrained with Zen 2, Zen 3 and RX 6000 already in production?

Last edited:
Permabanned
Lol these trolls would have you believe you can’t game on a Ryzen system only 200fps compared to 230 at 1080p(lol)on a 3080 might as well chuck it in the bin.

In a blind test no way could they tell.

Only argument for Intel right now is if you enjoy overclocking

I'm gaming on a 2700X & 5700XT PC and it doesn't let me down so I can't see why the 3000 series chips will, I've thought about grabbing a cheap 6 core 3000 series cpu to slot in to my X470 board as the 3000 is the better gaming chip but I'll likely wait & grab one from the next & last Ryzen range to support the AM4 chipset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom