• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI 3080 Ventus 3X OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
ordered MSI Ventus at 2.30pm on 17th, does it look hopeful for next week or are we talking ages? Got a pile of hardware sat here waiting to build ... i7 10700k. Meg Unify etc.

Associate
There's no information to go on yet. I would hope that by the end of next week there'll be a rough ETA assigned to orders based on our elusive 'queue' positions.

Associate
I've pre-ordered this card, and tbh I would recommend overriding the default fan curve anyways, sounds to me its something that MSi might have overlooked, they might be offering a bios update post launch to fix those issues.

Soldato
You got in very early, would be interested to see when your order gets dispatched.

Mine didn't go through till 2:39, i'm going to hazard a guess it will be a long wait.

Yes, at time I was surprised it turned into a preorder as it was "in stock" when i hit the buy button and got confirmation email at 14.04. Now ive seen everyone elses experience im not too surprised.

Associate
I was lucky enough (read amazed) to get one of these on release day (700 Euros) and received it Saturday, I am not a scalper. I live in Spain got it from PcComponents. I replaced a 2080 and the performance boost from it is amazing. I am running stock, no overclock, still fiddling with games and benchmarks before taking the plunge. Run 4K superposition and temperatures reach 74c fan noise is not a problem at load, actually quieter than my old 2080. Like I said I live in Spain so it is still rather toasty, running air con room temperature about 23c. Absolutely no complaints so far. I am running a 2700x on an x470 board, 32gig RAM at 3200, upgrading to an X570 and 3950x next week so I am expecting greater performance.
14100 Score on Superposition 4K optimised GPU at 98percent max temp 74c GPU solid at 1800, memory at 9500 Max FPS 131 Min 86 Driver version 456.38
The card, from an aesthetic point of view looks solid with good build quality.
Only down side is an occasional crash on Assassins Creed Origins benchmark (max on everything at 4K 87FPS when it does run) every other game runs benches flawlessly.
Happy with it so far.

Associate
Found a decent video on the card if anyone else is dying for more info on this model. You'll have to skip through though as its long.

and this one in modern warfare, temps and fan rpm don't look too bad considering he's using a stock amd cpu cooler which lets his cpu up at 80c, that'll effect the cards temps too

Soldato
Found a decent video on the card if anyone else is dying for more info on this model. You'll have to skip through though as its long.

and this one in modern warfare, temps and fan rpm don't look too bad considering he's using a stock amd cpu cooler which lets his cpu up at 80c, that'll effect the cards temps too

Those both look pretty good - clocks are good while staying at low 70s at 2000 rpm. This is one of the models I pre-ordered elsewhere so pretty content with that.

Associate
Ive just had the ready to collect email. :)

Ill pick it up after work.
Nice!! Post some results if you have time, temps/fan speed and clocks :D
Seems people who ordered before 14:30 have had them dispatched today, mine was at 14:45 so hopefully MSI send another batch this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom