Quest 2 Facebook leak - XR2 chipset, 6gb RAM, "almost 4k display"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hi gents,

I have tried to sell my quest to CEX at A grade at £292 but has been put on B grade. I would be very grateful if you have any evidence you can share with me that the price was ever at £276 for a B grade. They want to give me £141 which is wrong as I booked it in before the dropped the prices.

Soldato
Only if you solely use pcvr. If you want wireless it currently doesn't matter how much you spend on your g2.

You wouldn't spend £500 on the quest if you mostly wanted it for pcvr.

I don’t think anyone is debating if you want portable VR your only option is a quest.

I wouldn’t spend 500 on a quest 2 period. I would keep costs as low as possible, because then it becomes an amazing deal.

300 for quest, 50 for the strap if it’s needed and 5 quid for a headphone short adaptor and it’s the best deal in VR.

I wasted a lot of cash on my rift s and quest 1 which became dead platforms for oculus. Well the quest 1 will die in 18 months as they take advantage of more better processing power

Soldato
Hi gents,

I have tried to sell my quest to CEX at A grade at £292 but has been put on B grade. I would be very grateful if you have any evidence you can share with me that the price was ever at £276 for a B grade. They want to give me £141 which is wrong as I booked it in before the dropped the prices.

They have a right to refuse any purchase. It's in their t and c. The price was that high, but unsurprisingly they've changed it, as they're never going to be able to sell it on at that price.

Soldato
you must have crap wifi then I used it with a bog standard BT Smart Hub router and it was fine, even played with it outside and in the garage. Ever heard of WIFI Extenders ? ;)

Hi mate. I have the same Bt home hub.
The latency was crap, compression artifacfs and poor visuals compared to my rift s and index

maybe my standards for vr are different ??

it was acceptable../ just about.. as in really just about... just like the quest 1 in portable mode was acceptable with its ps1 graphics. I remember playing robo recall on it and was like noooooo lol

Soldato
you must have crap wifi then I used it with a bog standard BT Smart Hub router and it was fine, even played with it outside and in the garage. Ever heard of WIFI Extenders ? ;)

The latency was crap, compression artifacfs and poor visuals compared to my rift s and index

it was acceptable../ just about.. as in really just about... just like the quest 1 in portable mode was acceptable with its ps1 graphics. I remember playing robo recall on it and was like noooooo lol

Q1 was 2.3 megapixels and many people complain about artifacts, Q2 is 3.5 megapixels, so I think we are going to have to wait for reviews to see what impact that has - maybe a dedicated wifi6 pcie card might do it, but even that might struggle

Soldato
My motherboard has wifi on it + the aerial which I currently dont use.
Set that up as a personal hotspot and connect the quest directly to it and I cant forsee any serious issues.

WIll see though, overall im still waiting on user reviews before I go buy one.

Soldato
Q1 was 2.3 megapixels and many people complain about artifacts, Q2 is 3.5 megapixels, so I think we are going to have to wait for reviews to see what impact that has - maybe a dedicated wifi6 pcie card might do it, but even that might struggle

I hope it works.
If oculus can get PCVR working over wifi with 80% of the visual fidelity of the G2.. then WOW.

I hope we see a controller or audio upgrade next-gen as they are both feeling dated and have been comfortably surpassed now.

Soldato
OP
Have you considered a wifi access point in your lounge? Also what router do you have? I'm only running a standard Virgin supplied router but it has 5Ghz channel which nothing else I own uses.

I've got a D-Link DIR 878, but it's in my attic, two floors above my lounge. I have got a wi-fi repeater but thats for 2.4ghz for streaming 1080p video to my Roku box.

I can't even use casting from Quest to phone properly as that's also intermittent - works great for a bit, then it breaks up and it's awful.

Soldato
I've got a D-Link DIR 878, but it's in my attic, two floors above my lounge. I have got a wi-fi repeater but thats for 2.4ghz for streaming 1080p video to my Roku box.

I can't even use casting from Quest to phone properly as that's also intermittent - works great for a bit, then it breaks up and it's awful.

Hmm sounds like you need a 5GHz repeater in your lounge then. May as well wait to see what Wifi 6 offers before upgrading any kit though.

Soldato

Had none of those issues. 300-500Mbps on 5ghz WIFI depending where I was. Latest VR Desktop (Sidequest version - change settings for best visuals I was getting 20Mb/s - 20-30ms latency) played Half Life Alyx no problem. Had no artifacts or latency like you describe. Like I said even played it outside not an issue. I never had a rift or index. I sold Quest purely as I didnt play it enough nothing to do with visuals. Might be differing opinions I`m still not sold on VR I think its just a passing fad.

Soldato

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I'm sorry but there is no way you can say the quest is comparable graphics wise to a PS1, its way higher than that.

I mean heck, Beat Sabre on the Quest looks better than Beat Sabre on the PS4.

Soldato
OP
Quest and the Index are the same res.
Quest renders at lower than the resolution of the screen, even in Link mode.
Quest also uses fixed foveated rendering which reduces the image quality at the edges of the screen for many native titles.
Quest has OLED pentile screens which have fewer subpixels than the Index's LCD screens that have RGB stripe.

So not really the same resolution in practice unfortunately. Though the black levels and colours are far better.

Caporegime
So not really the same resolution in practice unfortunately. Though the black levels and colours are far better.

It is going to be interesting to see how I react to this change, as the SDE started to annoy me a bit on the Q1, but will poorer blacks and washed out colours annoy me more? We'll see.

But I am also one of those people who thinks VA panels are the best compromise between OLED and IPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom