• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
The calculator doesn't work for me and I've tried it a few times. I just filled in the form, downloaded the spreadsheet, filtered it, and counted what number I am in the queue for that particular card. Looks like I'm in for a wait, especially as this is based on who's actually filled in the form! Oh well - it's something to look forward to I guess. haha
Indeed thats how im seeing this not many things to loof forward to in Corvid world is there. At lest The Boys season 2 started :p

My weekend plan was hoping to get card drain my water loop good clean of blocks flush ect. Full maintenance after 1.5 year of not doing any. With how it turned out most Exciting thing iw done was going to Tesco and to visit my local chemist for boredom prescriptions.

Soldato
I'm going to go for a 3090 this week if I don't hear anything. I was debating going for a FE but I really like the review of the MSI Trio. I guess it will come down to which card I get first.

Associate
I'm going to go for a 3090 this week if I don't hear anything. I was debating going for a FE but I really like the review of the MSI Trio. I guess it will come down to which card I get first.
I didn't fancy that one, the plastic cowling and graphene backplate put me off.

Soldato
I didn't fancy that one, the plastic cowling and graphene backplate put me off.

Yea' it's been a tough one this launch as there hasn't been too much information. I went for the MSI as the benchmarks were slightly better and also the cooling slightly better but I think out of all of them I love the look of the FE. I like the Strix tbh, I've always had them and they are my favourite I just don't know when they are coming out.

Associate
Would anyone who ordered Gigabyte Eagle be able to tell me their order time and queue position for the card? Ordered at 15:16, but haven't received an e-mail confirmation so can't check myself on the calculator. Would give me a rough idea of anyone is close to that time if they know their queue number.

I get it is 100% not accurate in anyway, but false hope would be appreciated at this time :D

My order was around 15:14 or something, and in terms of being in the 'queue', it was at like 270 or something. However, the data we have is very limited and only goes by who has supplied info. For all we know, there could be another hundred people in between early orders and us. Buuuuut, if we're using predictions, and we were being conservative with ETA, I would put us nearer the 300 in the queue, or slightly over. So I'd say we're in either the 2nd batch of cards or the 3rd, depending on accessibility to new stock. So possibly late September to mid October. At the latest, end of October.

Associate
Yea' it's been a tough one this launch as there hasn't been too much information. I went for the MSI as the benchmarks were slightly better and also the cooling slightly better but I think out of all of them I love the look of the FE. I like the Strix tbh, I've always had them and they are my favourite I just don't know when they are coming out.

That's true you can only make the best decision from the info you have. Looking over the reviews I thought the boggo Asus TUF will do the job for me.

Edit to add... I was after a FE to begin and was F5'in at 2 with the very best of us. The FE would have done for me and I do prefer the look of it. Looking at the reviews though the TUF card looks to better it in most respects other than how it looks. That'll do donkey.

Associate
I ordered a Strix non OC at around 16:00, didn’t get any confirmation email, only got the out of stock email on the Friday. I genuinely do not believe I will see my card until 2021. The whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth, not blaming OC at all, but Nvidia and it’s partners for launching a card they were clearly not ready to launch. The whole thing has been a shambles. Can someone please tell me how I find my position in the queue if that’s at all possible?

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom