• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Still no email confirmation from Curry's, ordered pretty early on 17th. Anyone had theirs through?
Got an email this morning:

Dear Customer,
Firstly, thank you for your PlayStation 5 pre-order!

Due to the volume of orders that have been placed, there has been a delay in sending your order confirmation to you with your order reference. Don’t worry, you have secured your pre-order, and the order confirmation will be with you within the next 24-48 hours.

Please accept our apologies, but be assured that your new PS5 will be dispatched at the agreed release time.

Kind regards

Currys PC World

Associate
Is this a game that benefits from more frame rate?

I would say the better the frame rate in a game like Bloodborne the easier it will be to play because there's a lot of dodging and perfectly timed actions. I think a higher framerate makes this easier.

Tried to get into playing Bloodborne but never did. I'm going to buy Demon Souls and do that so a remaster of BB will be good for after that.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a question for you guys;

As someone who has a decent rig but is jumping to console, is there a way for consoles to steam-link to a PC so I can work on the Steam backlog too?

Soldato
I'm just puzzled by the rush to get this console and I loved my ps4. Aside from maybe demon souls (a remake) what are people planning to play on their shiny new console?

No sarcasm intended. An upscaled cyberpunk? What else? What am I missing here......

Miles Morales- a 7 hour expansion??

Soldato
I'm just puzzled by the rush to get this console and I loved my ps4. Aside from maybe demon souls (a remake) what are people planning to play on their shiny new console?

No sarcasm intended. An upscaled cyberpunk? What else? What am I missing here......

It's the same on the Series X, I cant see any decent next gen launch titles.

This gen seems a lot more incremental than previous ones but I cant blame people for wanting the latest toy as I've fallen for it time and time again.

Associate

Me personally, Demon Souls as I've never played it and Cyberpunk. Then I'll see what's worth getting. Not played Spiderman or Last of Us 2 yet, thought I'd wait and play them on PS5 (don't think Last of Us has anything new except faster loading).

I think with most it's that feeling of having the new tech to play with at launch. I remember getting the PS4 launch day with Battlefield 4 and KZ Shadowfall (think I got infamous too) I had a good PC but still enjoyed testing out the PS4.

Soldato

I haven't played the first spider man, so will be playing the upgraded version of that with Miles Morales.

Cyberpunk of course

Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Demon souls (never played original)

I've gone for the disc version for the 4k UHD movies also.

By the time I'm finished with the above I expect there to be more either out or due out, if not then there are a few of those ps plus titles I haven't played yet like Days gone.

There is more to play this release than there was with ps4.

Soldato

For me it's the tech but I'm also happy with the launch line up.

I have the three launch games I have bought plus persona 5 from ps plus collection that I always wanted to play but never got chance to

I then have the usual multi platform games coming out that don't have the new consol dates e.g. cold war, FIFA 21,

Then there is the other launch games I'll get later e.g. godfall

Last edited:
Associate

It's a shiny new toy!!!....the buzz of going to the store or sat waiting for the delivery driver like a puppy waiting for It's master, the excitement of opening the box, connecting it all up (not forgetting the pre night ritual of dusting/cleaning its new home)
Firing it up for the first time and savouring that new tech smell :D.......then realising there's no new killer release titles (I think I'm trying to repeat that first high of getting my N64 for the first time, I don't think I'll ever beat having Mario 64 and Goldeneye as first games played on a new console, boy what a Christmas that was, kids now will never understand)

Soldato
It's a shiny new toy!!!....the buzz of going to the store or sat waiting for the delivery driver like a puppy waiting for It's master, the excitement of opening the box, connecting it all up (not forgetting the pre night ritual of dusting/cleaning its new home)
Firing it up for the first time and savouring that new tech smell :D.......then realising there's no new killer release titles (I think I'm trying to repeat that first high of getting my N64 for the first time, I don't think I'll ever beat having Mario 64 and Goldeneye as first games played on a new console, boy what a Christmas that was, kids now will never understand)
In my case stalking the delivery tracker all morning, though this time it's Amazon prime and they don't track like DPD so I'll be staring out of window like my dog looking for me ha

Soldato
In my case stalking the delivery tracker all morning, though this time it's Amazon prime and they don't track like DPD so I'll be staring out of window like my dog looking for me ha
Checks phone - "Your delivery is expected to arrive between 18:32 and 21:47."

:(

Soldato
I’m not too fussed about killer new titles. As you say.. it’s a shiny new gadget to set up ! :D can’t freaking wait. So-long PS4! Roll on November!

edit. Besides, I got a few PS4 games to catch up on. And can do so on the ps5 with hopefully less fan noise than my pro had.

Back
Top Bottom