• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I might if the prices are still high when I get it hah! I don't NEED the card, but if I can get a £350 profit that pays for my new monitor
Is it really worth it for a couple hundred quid?

That's a couple day's wages, or less for some.

It's scummy behaviour for not much gain, and you have to deal with the minefield of scammers on the bay.

Well, I do hope the scalpers get scammed, tbh. Would be best for everyone else if the scalpers lost money on this.

Associate
The data that showed the TUF demand as lower are just due to an error in the spreadsheet. The order estimate for the TUF on the 17th are actually showing the TUF OC and FTW3 data

Adjusted for that the current estimates in the spreadsheet for orders on the 17th are as follows:

ASUS Strix: 189
ASUS Strix OC: 610
ASUS TUF: 1,699
ASUS TUF OC: 392
EVGA FTW3 Gaming: 73
EVGA FTW3 Ultra: 87
EVGA XC3 Black Gaming: 566
EVGA XC3 Gaming: 145
EVGA XC3 Ultra: 203
GIGABYTE AORUS Master: 145
GIGABYTE AORUS XTREME: 203
GIGABYTE Eagle: 1,380
GIGABYTE Gaming: 450
Inno3D iChill x3: 15
Inno3D Twin x2: 58
KFA2 SG: 44
MSI Gaming: 2,208
MSI Ventus: 1,162
Palit Gaming: 189
Palit OC: 58
ZOTAC Trinity: 566

This is not being shown in the spreadsheet, and is the new number TOTAL value or on just the 17th alone?

Associate
So how many cards roughy will be shipped out each week to ppl. Will stock come in faster for let’s say ASUS compared to the Zotac or MSI?

Soldato
Been hearing some real bad stuff re the Gigabyte eagle card ...i am going to cancel my 2 orders and wait it out me thinks ...

All of the cards performance are within a couple of percent of each other. thermals, noise and looks are the main factors to consider.

Caporegime
This is also why some will pay those prices.
Perhaps next launch they should try something a bit different.

Release at 2x RRP, and let people know that once they've sold X amount, they will gradually lower the price to RRP.

I'd rather the producer/inventor do the scalping than some random profiteer/tout.

Associate
@shaan200 - You may want to check the formulae in rows 28 and 29 of the 'Summary' tab. I think they may be referring to the wrong rows. That is why the number of Asus TUFs is so low. Impressive work otherwise though. One feels that maybe this is something OCUK should be providing...

Unfortunately, I suspect the calculator will be a fair bit out because of the timing of the purchases. I think it assumes that purchases for each model are spread evenly over the last four days. I imagine that this would not be the case. Certain models probably only started being purchased in large numbers when the 'ETA' and 'in stock' labels appeared later on in the afternoon of the 17th. For example, I purchased at around 5pm on the 17th. If I were to just take the mix of models sold prior to my purchase, I would estimate that I'm around 500th in the queue. If I look at the mix overall, I would be over 900th in the queue for the card I bought. Therefore, it makes a big difference.

You are right, i've been dealing with this for quite a bit. Some human error was bound to happen. It also doesn't it finds it based on percentage per each day according to time of purchase.

ASUS Strix 186
ASUS Strix OC 642
ASUS TUF 1,670
ASUS TUF OC 385
EVGA FTW3 Gaming 71
EVGA FTW3 Ultra 86
EVGA XC3 Black Gaming 557
EVGA XC3 Gaming 143
EVGA XC3 Ultra 200
GIGABYTE AORUS Master 157
GIGABYTE AORUS XTREME 200
GIGABYTE Eagle 1,427
GIGABYTE Gaming 471
Inno3D iChill x3 14
Inno3D Twin x2 57
KFA2 SG 43
MSI Gaming 2,198
MSI Ventus 1,142
Palit Gaming 186
Palit OC 57
ZOTAC Trinity 557
The some formula references were off. Here ya go everyone. I've corrected any issues :)

Associate
Wow so the TUF OC having 380 orders instead of 72 has absolutely rocked me, now I have to wait for I don't know how many batches for me to get a card, low key I would like to switch my order for a Palit OC at this point, even if the card design isn't all that, I just want a card, should I do that?

Soldato
Perhaps next launch they should try something a bit different.

Release at 2x RRP, and let people know that once they've sold X amount, they will gradually lower the price to RRP.

I'd rather the producer/inventor do the scalping than some random profiteer/tout.
Really nvidia should just hold the launch till they have enough stock available.

Associate
The data that showed the TUF demand as lower are just due to an error in the spreadsheet. The order estimate for the TUF on the 17th are actually showing the TUF OC and FTW3 data

Adjusted for that the current estimates in the spreadsheet for orders on the 17th are as follows:

ASUS Strix: 189
ASUS Strix OC: 610
ASUS TUF: 1,699
ASUS TUF OC: 392
EVGA FTW3 Gaming: 73
EVGA FTW3 Ultra: 87
EVGA XC3 Black Gaming: 566
EVGA XC3 Gaming: 145
EVGA XC3 Ultra: 203
GIGABYTE AORUS Master: 145
GIGABYTE AORUS XTREME: 203
GIGABYTE Eagle: 1,380
GIGABYTE Gaming: 450
Inno3D iChill x3: 15
Inno3D Twin x2: 58
KFA2 SG: 44
MSI Gaming: 2,208
MSI Ventus: 1,162
Palit Gaming: 189
Palit OC: 58
ZOTAC Trinity: 566
Ouch. That does make much more sense though.

Soldato
Been hearing some real bad stuff re the Gigabyte eagle card ...i am going to cancel my 2 orders and wait it out me thinks ...

Like what? I’ve only seen good reviews on the Gigabyte Eagle - in terms of performance and thermals.

Nothing sounded alarms for me in few reviews I’ve seen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom