Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
So guys overall whats the best deal here
Buy the xbox outright and get all access?
Or get the 24 months finance with all access included ?

Game Pass Ultimate is £10.99/month. So Series S is effectively £10/month, and Series X is £18/month. That works out to £240 for the Series S, and £432 for Series X.

But there's one problem with calculating it this way; Game Pass Ultimate can still be purchased at very heavy discounts. If you don't have GPU already, you can stack up to 36 months of Xbox Live Gold, and then convert to GPU for £1. If you paid RRP for Gold, this would work out to only £4.19/month for Game Pass Ultimate.

Caporegime
It has been worked out, but I believe there is very little to be saved if you're buying on the All Access program. So it's just the choice of upfront and adding game pass or monthly for console+pass for 24 months. So it just depends on how you want to pay for it :)

It will definitely be cheaper overall getting it upfront as there are always deals/good prices on gamepass codes. With all access you are tied into paying full price for the gamepass for 2 years effectively.

Associate
I've always had a playstation (1, 2, 3 & 4), but think I'm definitely decided on jumping ship this generation. I've therefore not had gamepass before and not exactly sure how it works. Does it only have certain games included?

The main games I'll be interested in buying/playing are:

Assassins creed
Watchdogs
Battlefield
Halo
Flight simulator

Will new AAA games such as these be included in gamepass? If not I'll just buy the series x outright and buy each game individually as normal.

Associate
I'm very excited tbh, I'm really looking forward to the new Forza, Halo, Fable and flight simulator.
Xbox games pass is such great value and the one major advantage over what Sony has to offer, with ps5 games looking like £70 a pop don't be surprised to see loyal Sony fans jumping ship, especially with ea now on board Fifa will be a massive pull.
The only game I've bought in the last year apart from switch games is rdr2, the rest of the time everything else has been from games pass
Im not a fan boy and im not bashing but why would anyone buy that PS5 come on... it looks terrible whoever thought of that design wants the sack and its under powered. Yeah it has some decent single player games on the platform about it.

Associate
Im not a fan boy and im not bashing but why would anyone buy that PS5 come on... it looks terrible whoever thought of that design wants the sack and its under powered. Yeah it has some decent single player games on the platform about it.

PS5 is certainly not underpowered. It will have more next gen titles than xbox for at least a year. And it looks, well, yeah i agree there, pretty gross.

Soldato
Will new AAA games such as these be included in gamepass? If not I'll just buy the series x outright and buy each game individually as normal.

If it's from Xbox Game Studios, it'll be on Game Pass from release day.

Few games from other publishers have gone straight to Game Pass (there are exceptions, like Wargroove and Crusader Kings 3). Instead, it's mostly games that have been out for 12m+. You aren't likely to see games like Valhalla or Legion on there any time soon.

Soldato
Is it still the done thing to load up the Microsoft store with external credit and pre-order that way, then do the XBL-GPU transfer for GPU? I've never owned an xbox before but the ultimate game pass and the Nvidia faff is tempting me to go console and build a PC next summer. I don't mind paying earlier than the pre-order if a big saving can be had.

Soldato
Hmm well it is though its not on par with xbox so underpowered id say?
CPU 8-core 3.5 GHz AMD Zen 2 8-core, 3.8 GHz AMD Zen 2
GPU 10.3 teraflop AMD RDNA 2 12.0 teraflop AMD RDNA 2

Those are the specs for both. Slightly slower CPU & GPU for the PS5. Which will equate to nothing in real world terms. Plus devs have already said the SSD in the PS5 is a game changer. So multi-platform games will probably be the same.

Caporegime
CPU 8-core 3.5 GHz AMD Zen 2 8-core, 3.8 GHz AMD Zen 2
GPU 10.3 teraflop AMD RDNA 2 12.0 teraflop AMD RDNA 2

Those are the specs for both. Slightly slower CPU & GPU for the PS5. Which will equate to nothing in real world terms. Plus devs have already said the SSD in the PS5 is a game changer. So multi-platform games will probably be the same.

How is a faster SSD going to help with game performance, beyond load times?

Associate

You mean not as powerful then. Or at least saying underpowered in the OCUK forum talk would mean the PS5 is unable to deliver next gen.

We'll have to wait till Xbox has next gen titles before we can even compare which delivers the best next gen experience.

Soldato
Game Pass Ultimate is £10.99/month. So Series S is effectively £10/month, and Series X is £18/month. That works out to £240 for the Series S, and £432 for Series X.

But there's one problem with calculating it this way; Game Pass Ultimate can still be purchased at very heavy discounts. If you don't have GPU already, you can stack up to 36 months of Xbox Live Gold, and then convert to GPU for £1. If you paid RRP for Gold, this would work out to only £4.19/month for Game Pass Ultimate.

Cheers, gives me something to think about then, only game pass i've got at the moment is the PC beta thats running out soon.

Soldato
Am sure this is all the playstation fan boys was banging on about last gen though "hardware" now there behind it don't matter?
Well fan boys gonna fan boy. I went PS4 Pro last time but have no loyalty either way personally. GPU is faster on X1X but we're all a little in the dark about how the differences will play out in the real world. I expect most don't really care and have already decided which way they're going.

Soldato
Are you 12? On paper it's not as powerful however under powered is quite a statement. Both look like beasts to me however my only concern is the fairly long term support for the current gen holding both back.

Getting both and very excited by both, even though neither has a killer launch title. I've been more Xbox recently as I prefer it for online but you can't beat Sony for those exclusives

Back
Top Bottom